Italian virtual aerobatic video with fs2004

Aviation & Simulation Topics
STRIKER
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Italian virtual aerobatic video with fs2004

Post by STRIKER » Fri Dec 23, 2005 7:59 pm

Don't know if anyone has caught this but its the first time I have seen a big formation aerobatic demo with flightsim....oh, the joys of LAN!

http://www.patricksaviation.com/sim_vid ... o=download

5's clear,
Funky

Post by Funky » Sat Dec 24, 2005 2:06 am

Thanks Striker; enjoyed the video a lot. I personally never had much of luck flying formation in the FS. They don’t have padlocking, so I was thinking TrackIR could possibly giv'em a hand. Now I just got my TrackIR 4 a couple of days ago, and I'll tell you its a lot smoother than I was expecting it to be. And Its actually helped me with my formation flights in Lomac, but I have yet to try it on FS9. I'm thinking it would be an advantage to have this technology now that it has matured to a good point.
Italian Virtual Aerobatic pilots seem to be doing pretty good considering FS's limitations, but still have some way to go to achieve the needed perfection.

Funky
PONY2

PANV

Post by PONY2 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 11:28 am

Hi, i'm PONY2 frm the Virtual Frecce Tricolori.
First of all sorry my "rusted" english, i'm a staff member and i want to tank you all for your comments about our team.
I want to spent some word too, to explain you what exactly is the PANV (virtual national aerobatic team):
Our team it's young we fly togheter since last year, and we try to emulate all aerobatic figures that the real Team does.
We know, we are not perfectly stable in formation and sometimes not symmetric, but we have a lot of passion and patience to do everytime better.
We don't use a LAN connection to fly but we use IBNETPLAYER via an ADSL normal internet connection, we come from ALL Italy, someone north someone center and someone from south for a total of 10 pilots 1 video director and one speaker for live presentations.
Currently we are not using TRACK IR, but we are managing to use it. For now we are using only the hat switch on our Joy and it looks to play well..
I hope to improve our formation flight in the best way, we have a lot to do but happy to do it.
Merry Xmas to you all
Best reguards Fabio
P.S. our site is http://www.gruppopan.com where you can download our official first video : http://www.gruppopan.com/video/PANV.wmv
Last edited by PONY2 on Mon Dec 26, 2005 9:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Funky

Post by Funky » Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:49 pm

Way to go Pony 2 !

I personally never even thought doing such formation flights would be possible in FS, and you guys are making it happen 8).
Regarding TrackIR4, I would really recommend it, due to its wider angle in comparison to the 3rd gen. TrackIR, very hi FPS, and its portability. I would recommend one of you guys get it and try it to at least see if it makes any difference in your flying. My situational awareness has increased ever since I've got it and now I'm the one controlling my (virtual) head, so I get a better sence of direction. You can even get more dimensions out of it in FS than you do in current Lomac.
Anyways, I'm very proud to see you guys making such good progress considering the age of the team. I personally would not be able to do anything like that in FS!
Keep up the good work and please keep us updated on your improvements etc. as much as possible, as we all love to see all the virtual aerobatic teams improve :)
I wish you and your team a Merry Christmas, a happy holiday and a great new year man :wink:.

Funky
PONY2

Post by PONY2 » Sun Dec 25, 2005 6:16 pm

Tank you Funky, it's our way.
In the previous message (taken by the great news that someone of the virtual Thunderbirds knows our existance) i forgot to pay our compliments to you and to everyone's enjoy formation flight with Lomac :
We constantly are monitoring all it's happening in your world and we watch you out of envy 'cause your performances are the state of art for this type of flights.
However let me to invite you to try our customized multiplayer program for FS9 (IBNETPLAYER) and enjoy the fluency of data exchange with this great add-on program downloadable at this site:http://www.ibirdsoft.altervista.org/ it's free...
Ciao!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun Dec 25, 2005 10:11 pm

PONY2,

Thanks for your kind words about us! We're here to entertain and support the community and certainly keep tabs on what's going on in the virtual formation flying world!

Lawndart