Spring Thunder Virtual Air Expo - Saturday, March 26th!

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Grab

Spring Thunder Virtual Air Expo - Saturday, March 26th!

Post by Grab » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:30 pm

Calling virtual aerobatics and airshow fans everywhere! Don’t miss your opportunity to catch your 2011 Virtual Blue Angels kick off their virtual airshow season at the first annual Spring Thunder Virtual Air Expo! Also headlining at Spring Thunder with their fast paced, high energy demonstration is the Virtual Patriots Jet Team!

Flying is scheduled to kick off at 2:00 pm CST (2000Z) with some full afterburner action from the Virtual USAF Viper East Demonstration Team.

We then hand the airspace over to the Virtual US Navy F/A-18C Hornet TAC Demo Team and let them tear up the skies.

Then we keep US Navy metal in the air for a surprise event. Prepare for a very unique and powerful demonstration of airpower to help commemorate the Centennial of Naval Aviation. This is a performance that you will surely not want to miss!

We are not done yet! To further commemorate the Centennial of Naval Aviation, the Virtual Horsemen will then take to the sky debuting the US Navy rendition of their routine flying the powerful F8F Bearcat.

We’ll then switch into high energy mode as the Virtual Patriots Jet Team takes to the air in their pristine L-39 Albatrosses around 4:00 pm CST (2200Z).

Then, sit back, relax, and enjoy as your 2011 Virtual Blue Angels take to the skies at 5:00 pm CST (2300Z).

Mark your calendars! This is shaping up to be a well rounded virtual airshow that you will not want to miss. We’ll see you Saturday, March 26th at 2:00 pm CST (2000Z)!

Tune into www.livestream.com/virtualairshows for all the action!
Grab

Post by Grab » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:24 pm

We are excited to announce that the Virtual Horsemen have just been added to the list of performers at Spring Thunder! The Virtual Horsemen are bringing three beautiful F8F Bearcats which will surely compliment the Centennial of Naval Aviation celebration we have planned!

The schedule above has been updated accordingly.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:38 pm

Bummer, the Virtual TUKUMS Air Show is the same day, and I had already marked it with a permanent marker on my calendar... Wait, who am I kidding, hehe?! I'll be flying, i.e. working (as usual), so have a blast and put those replays up on Livestream ASAP! 8)
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:50 pm

Lawndart wrote:Bummer, the Virtual TUKUMS Air Show is the same day, and I had already marked it with a permanent marker on my calendar... Wait, who am I kidding, hehe?! I'll be flying, i.e. working (as usual), so have a blast and put those replays up on Livestream ASAP! 8)
VFD_Viper wrote:The teams first airshow in the 2011 season is on February 26th Open Air Day......
Helps if you read! :lol: :lol:
Phantoms Phorever!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:15 am

Oops! :oops:

That's what two long days at work will do to you...
Ells

Post by Ells » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:02 pm

Had me confused there for a moment, I thought huh another Tukums?

Really looking forward to this, but it's so late for me over the pond and up so early for work.

Ah hell, who needs sleep anyway, now where did I put those matchsticks. :shock:
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:18 am

Looking forward to seeing our fellow American teams perform live this weekend!

Unfortunately, I'll be somewhere up where the air is thin when the VPJT and VBA fly, but I'll be sure to watch the replay(s) in the evening.
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Wed Mar 23, 2011 12:37 pm

An important heads-up... We've had to make some serious schedule changes due to the passing of a teammate's family member. This includes shifting the entire event one hour later to 2100Z, and adding/removing a couple of demonstrations. This includes the addition of the A-10 West Demonstration Team (in DCS:W) and removal of the US Navy Air Power Demonstration. (Don't worry, you'll see it later)! We hope everyone can still attend... check the updated schedule in the event description! Stay tuned for further updates as situations require.
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:30 am

Good luck to all. I will catch the replay most likely in the evening, as I won't be available to see it live. :(
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:26 pm

Thanks Panther... we're excited to have a show!