Heading to Pensacola this summer for flight school...

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Dash

Heading to Pensacola this summer for flight school...

Post by Dash » Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:47 am

Well, I suppose I should first re-introduce myself. My name is David, and I am currently 21 years old. I am a midshipman at the US Naval Academy in Annapolis, MD. I flew a few times with the Virtual Thunderbirds way back in 2005 for a short period. I was in High School then and simply did not have enough time to devote to the team. My dream was to attend the Naval Academy for college and from there become a naval aviator.

I am simply dropping a line to the Virtual Thunderbirds, new and old, to say hello and to also announce that I will be graduating this year with a commission from the Academy with a Navy Pilot flight contract. I will be heading down to Pensacola, FL this summer to begin API.

Also, I am extremely proud to see the Virtual Thunderbirds still doing work! Good luck in your future endeavors... and did that video "Burner" made the promo for back in '05 actually ever get released!? ;)

-David
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:52 am

Awesome, dude! Good luck in API, get those fast jets!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:12 am

Dash wrote:I will be graduating this year with a commission from the Academy with a Navy Pilot flight contract. I will be heading down to Pensacola, FL this summer to begin API.
Congrats and good luck in training! Let us know how it goes.
Dash wrote:...did that video "Burner" made the promo for back in '05 actually ever get released!?
I believe the follow up video to the '05 trailer was called Smoke On.
Ells

Post by Ells » Tue Jan 18, 2011 3:55 pm

Congrats and hope the training goes well.
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:06 am

Glad I made an impression. Congratulations on Naval Flight School, that is amazing! Good Luck, I hope you make tactical jets!

My '05 Trailer is still floating around YouTube, and be sure to check out all the awesome work the VTB has done in the last half a decade, Smoke On is a must see.
Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Ray » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:01 am

Thanks for stopping by and sharing the excellent news! Congratulations, that's one hell of an accomplishment, very well done. That's awesome to see you made your dream come true.

I had similar aspirations in high school but they were shot down due to scoliosis in my lower back that I didn't even know I had! Would DQ me from military flying. Bummer.

Looking forward to seeing some pics & vids from your tactical fighter! 8)