Rise of Flight

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Thumper
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Thumper » Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:38 pm

Punish wrote:The only thing is you can't do a complete bomb burst with these planes cause it turns out to be a 4-man hammerhead stall running into the following solo with a surprise look on his goggles. ;)
That's not a problem, just do a downward bomb burst like many of the past and current prop teams do. ;) I think even the Snowbirds do it that way.
Punish

Post by Punish » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:26 am

Lawndart wrote:That's not a problem, just do a downward bomb burst like many of the past and current prop teams do. I think even the Snowbirds do it that way.
The problem I see with that Kris is the Nieuport's wings had that nasty tendency of well, falling off in an extreme dive hehe. :D
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:45 am

Punish wrote:The problem I see with that Kris...
That was Thumper you were talking to, not me! :lol:
Last edited by Lawndart on Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:02 pm

Frazer wrote:I flew Knights of the Sky (now called ROF) back in 2007 in Moscow and damn, this is a cool sim! Will visit Andrew Petrovich his office again this summer (and who knows there is an English copy around somewhere AHUM!). :D
Interesting to see all new simulators coming out of Russia! :D

Just over the last five, six years we have Lock On, IL2, PF, DCS, ROF... the list goes on for titles developed in Russia this decade! Meanwhile the simulator genre is slowly dying in the United States to make room for more shoot 'em up style games and "blockbuster hits". I don't mind those games either, but that's exactly what they are... games! It saddens me to see my beloved genre die a slow painful death. I still remember the days when you could run down to any computer retailer and have a dilemma over which flight simulator to buy next. Those were the days!

Fighter Ops is the only true hope outside of Russia these days, and it's a world wide project not necessarily tied to any country. Good thing the Russians seem to have developed a knack for making really good flight simulators in the meantime. I hope they keep it up, because hardly anyone else is anymore (especially now that MSFS was axed earlier this year too). :cry:
Punish

Post by Punish » Sat Jul 18, 2009 11:18 pm

Oops sorry Thumper. I forget you guys have the same sig and just wasn't paying attention. LOL.
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:50 am

Lawndart wrote:Interesting to see all new simulators coming out of Russia! :D

In Russia, it seems that flight simulators are more popular than anywhere else in the world. If I only look at the amount of (aerobatic) pilots coming from the Moscow region I'm shocked. :shock: Exact numbers are hard to say but with the Berkuts, we never have a shortage of highly motivated pilots. :D
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sun Jul 26, 2009 4:11 pm

In Soviet Russia, simulator flies you! :lol:
Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Jun 23, 2011 5:06 pm

Frazer wrote:In case you didn't already have Rise of Flight, you can now get the *unlimited!* demo (the whole game with 2 aircraft for free).
Get it here: http://riseofflight.com/tryrof/en

This is what you will get:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B9XpiViAv0
Punish

Post by Punish » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:24 pm

Hi Kris, I haven't posted for awhile and got your reply about ROF that you sent. I bought ROF in 2009 but my older PC was no where near what I needed for this sim. My new PC comes close but still no cigar as for 100% graphics.

I am running a 6 core processor with 8 gigs of ram but the downfall is that I am using an ATI HD 6450 budget card so I can still use around 80% graphics with good results until I park my kite next to a big cloud then my frame rate starts lagging. Hope to be getting a GTX-450 or a 460 soon.
Anyway, to make a long story short I made this video which is near 7 minutes long. I was tinkering with Windows Live Movie Maker and it's a cool program.
Hope you like it? I made it for our 95th Kicking Mules a few weeks back.
I am no pro like you when it comes to film editing but I am quickly learning. :)

http://youtu.be/YXbYe2vnM4A
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:53 pm

I'm no pro either.

Thanks for sharing. Nice selection of music, too. Enjoyed it! :)
Punish

Post by Punish » Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:54 pm

Why thank you sir. :)