Music used during Thunderbirds show in the late 70's

Discussions about the U.S. Air Force Air Demonstration Squadron
JKimmes

Music used during Thunderbirds show in the late 70's

Post by JKimmes » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:08 am

Does anybody know where I could find a list of songs that the Thunderbirds used during their shows in the late 1970's? I can remember attending a show in either 1977 or 1978 in Duluth, MN and they played an upbeat and fast instrumental that sounded sort of like Barry White's Love Unlimited Orchestra. The song had a lot of horns and guitar leads. I am trying to find out what this song was. Anybody have any idea what song that was? I can tell you that it was definitely from the 70's.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:34 am

Well, Love's Theme by Love Unlimited Orchestra on Rhapsody in White (1974) was part of the Thunderbirds music repertoire in the 80's... I'm not sure if it may have been used earlier.

If there's a clip of the actual song it would be easy, but anything before the digital age is definitely harder to research.
JKimmes

Post by JKimmes » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:56 am

I previewed all of the Love Unlimited songs on iTunes and the closest one to the song that I am searching for would be the Brazilian Love Song. I know that it wasn't Love's Theme, but had the same speed and tempo as the Brazilian Love Song. There was a lengthly guitar lead, but not quite a solo, in the middle of the song and that is when announcer was telling us about the manuevers. A couple of years back, I ran across a website that had songs listed from several years back, but it just didn't go back that far.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:39 am

I know the site you're referring to that's no longer up, but most of the music there was from between 1988-2003. I have all those at home and a can listen through and see if I find anything in case it was used back in the 70's too. If not, I can think of one person that might know...

I'll get back to you next week.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:41 pm

JK, check your PM's.
Bbeck

Re: Music used during Thunderbirds show in the late 70's

Post by Bbeck » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:50 pm

I landed on this old thread with my google search, as I was looking for the same thing. Lawndart, can you please post the results of your previous search? Thanks!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Re: Music used during Thunderbirds show in the late 70's

Post by Lawndart » Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:17 am

Unfortunately, I don’t have the results of whatever (if anything) was found from back when this thread was posted. The music I have catalogued only goes back to the mid-eighties.