Gunner's Pit

Discussions about Cockpits, Joysticks & Setups
Whack
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Whack » Fri Nov 14, 2008 8:25 am

Good stuff Gunner! That new plexi armrest looks great. My rest is much closer to horizontal now that I modified the position of the stick base.

BTW-- Gunner's never way out of position :lol:
Sawamura

Post by Sawamura » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:32 am

Wow great stuff. Realy nice cockpit you have. 8)
Rock

Post by Rock » Fri Nov 14, 2008 7:40 pm

Nice pics Gunner! It's always cool to see your setup. :)
franc01sss wrote:As you said, nice sight picture there!

Would you still have it posted if you were way out of position?
Whack you read my mind lol...

Deuce never gets out of position! :wink: :)
Luse

Post by Luse » Fri Nov 14, 2008 9:27 pm

Anyone else notice the REMOVE BEFORE FLIGHT tag as well...

Not removed! :wink:

Good shots Gunner, as always it's impressive.
BonJobie

Post by BonJobie » Sat Nov 15, 2008 4:20 pm

Deuce!!! C'mon now! I think you just wanted us to see those massive biceps!!! Not bad for %##@^ years old!!! You are STILL da man.

Old Boss Bon
Cobra

Post by Cobra » Sat Nov 15, 2008 9:04 pm

Is that a heart rate monitor you are wearing? Bio-feedback to keep the heart rate down? Will Gunners new nick be Iceman?
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Sun Nov 16, 2008 1:16 pm

TWC_Cobra wrote:Is that a heart rate monitor you are wearing? Bio-feedback to keep the heart rate down? Will Gunners new nick be Iceman?
Ya caught me! :wink: Actually, it's a little gadget called the Body Bugg. It uses several different sensors to monitor how many calories I burn - goes along with an on-line program so I can plug in the calories I consume, and upload the calorie burn data from the bugg. The program then shows me exactly where my calorie balance is throughout the day - weight loss is then a simple matter of burning more than you consume. Still the same amount of work, but you know where you're at & can adjust. I've been keeping my calorie deficit around 1,000 calories a day, and I've been losing 2 lbs/week. So far, I'm down 18 pounds, got 25 more to go.Image

BTW, it has been very interesting to see the calorie burn during a high show - about 2/3 the burn rate I have when I doing an intense resistance workout at the gym! 8)
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:10 pm

Gunner wrote:BTW, it has been very interesting to see the calorie burn during a high show - about 2/3 the burn rate I have when I doing an intense resistance workout at the gym! 8)
I believe it! After I fly the high show my muscles ache and I'm exhausted. :lol:
Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Nov 17, 2008 3:23 pm

Gunner also takes pleasure in putting himself through to pain and anguish, holding 25 lbs of back pressure on the FSSB the entire show!!! Only he knows why... :roll: :lol: :lol:
STRIKER

Post by STRIKER » Mon Nov 17, 2008 8:07 pm

VPJT_Buster wrote:
Gunner wrote:BTW, it has been very interesting to see the calorie burn during a high show - about 2/3 the burn rate I have when I doing an intense resistance workout at the gym! 8)
I believe it! After I fly the high show my muscles ache and I'm exhausted. :lol:
I will have to tell Wilbur about you guys... he would love to see a virtual representation of his ride I'm sure.
franc01sss

Post by franc01sss » Tue Nov 18, 2008 6:14 pm

Who's Wilbur?
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Tue Nov 18, 2008 7:45 pm

franc01sss wrote:Who's Wilbur?
You never read Charlotte's Web? :) :) :lol: :lol: JK of course...

http://www.airshowsamerica.com/bios.htm
Phantoms Phorever!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:15 am

The "ride" Striker is referring to is Wilbur's first no-kidding ride with the Thunderbirds as told by himself in the feature called Reach for the Sky, filmed while Dean "Wilbur" Wright was the Lead Solo during the 2000 season.

"They basically took whatever was left of Dean, and scooped him up in a bucket. I was absolutely goo... Thinking, what have I gotten myself into?"
Deanjr

instruments

Post by Deanjr » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:57 pm

Hey guys I am new to the forums and I was looking at yalls setups. I was thinking about making my own pit but where do you get the instruments to go with the cockpit?

Thanks,
Dean
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Re: instruments

Post by Gunner » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:04 pm

Deanjr wrote:Hey guys I am new to the forums and I was looking at yalls setups. I was thinking about making my own pit but where do you get the instruments to go with the cockpit?
Thanks for stopping by, Dean. Some of my instruments came from ebay, some from Simkits, others are hybrids combining sources. My favorite, the ADI, is a non-functional hand made replica from Holland (see page 9 of this thread). Your best source for pit building is http://www.viperpits.org. everything you could possibly need, but be prepared for a ton of research and a long journey! :wink: