For Everyone who has HD, watch "One Six Right"!

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Cinch
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

For Everyone who has HD, watch "One Six Right"!

Post by Cinch » Fri Dec 29, 2006 12:18 pm

Here is an email I recieved from "ONE SIX RIGHT". If you dont know about this movie you had better. It's great go to the web site and check it out! And if anyone knows how to record from their cable box to pc via the firewire cable record it, so I can have it on my PC! If you don't, but want to see if you can let me know, I can show you were the links are to record HD from you Cable box to your PC. Here is the email:
ONE SIX RIGHT NEWS FLASH - DECEMBER 28, 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* Watch One Six Right on Discovery HD Theater!
* International Version DVD now available!
* Piper J-3 Cub Collector Piece now available!
* Apple.com highlights "The Making of One Six Right"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

World Television Premiere on Discovery HD Theater!
On New Year’s Day, immediately following the Tournament of Roses Parade, “One Six Right” will air in High Definition and 5.1 surround sound on Discovery HD Theater! It will air at 10:30am PST (1:30pm EST). Additional airings will take place during the month of January. Please note: Discovery HD Theater is a sister network to Discovery Channel. You must have the Discovery HD Theater channel as well as an HDTV to view the film. It will not be shown on the regular Discovery Channel or in standard definition at this time. For more information, visit the “Latest News” section of our main website: http://www.onesixright.com
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Dec 29, 2006 1:30 pm

I remember when this started production last year and it sounded awesome. The DVDs (incl. a HD DVD version) is available for sale through their site (need HD DVD player for it). This brings back that special joyish feeling of flying I had as a kid and the true romance of flying. It's too routine in my job, but this almost brings a joyful tear to my eye, watching those trailers, and a reminder why we all love aviation so much! The soundtrack sounds great too and the footage is simply outstanding!

Make sure to visit: www.onesixright.com
necigrad

Post by necigrad » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:09 pm

Damn, I get my PS3 and one of the few HD DVDs I'd like to see is in the other format! I've actually been thinking about getting this for a while. I'm a nostalgic guy (shrug). Once I get my HDTV I'll probably have to pick it up. Just gotta figure out how to watch the HD version.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Dec 29, 2006 2:36 pm

Wait until later next year when they start putting the HD DVD/Blue ray players (dual format) on the shelves! :wink:
necigrad

Post by necigrad » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:45 pm

Lawndart wrote:Wait until later next year when they start putting the HD DVD/Blue ray players (dual format) on the shelves! :wink:
If that's for real (which I actually think is best) and not a joke I'll see those dual players at CES next week.
HiTop

Post by HiTop » Fri Dec 29, 2006 11:29 pm

I just watched the Video Clips it looks pretty awesome!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Dec 30, 2006 1:04 am

necigrad wrote:If that's for real (which I actually think is best) and not a joke I'll see those dual players at CES next week.
I cannot confirm or deny it, but the rumor mill and jungle drums have sounded the beat of hope for the end of next year! :P Don't remember the name(s) of the source(s), but it was at least in one credible home theater magazine. We get a lot of those tech mags for free while flying the line after the flight attendants scoop up the "left overs" in the cabin (in addition to People, US and In Touch of course)... :wink:
necigrad

Post by necigrad » Sat Dec 30, 2006 7:54 am

Heh, make sure to check the galleys. Found a few Enquirers and Redbooks in there.

I'll try to remember to check out possible "bi" HD DVD players at CES.
StarScream

Post by StarScream » Sun Dec 31, 2006 1:41 am

whats that other one coming out ... speed and Angels or something? i wanna see that one!
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Sun Dec 31, 2006 2:38 am

This video looks like a nice one!

I will try to catch the special on HD and see if I can record it.
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:23 am

Luckily only yesterday my dad brought home a 42" HD LCD TV!!! Now I just gotta get the dvd from where?
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Wed Jan 03, 2007 11:51 am

Standard DVDs play in standard definition. Granted if you use the component cable outputs from the DVD player the picture will still look amazing but it will not be high definition. The only way to see this in HD is to have HD Cable service, an HD Cable Box and the channel DiscoveryHD. Most cable services that offer an HD package will include all "free HD" channels, ie ESPN HD, TLC HD, and Discovery HD to name a few. If your Dad just invested in an HDTV he'd be wise to make full use of his purchase by getting HD Cable Service or if that's not available in your area an HD-DVD player, BluRay player, or PS3.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Jan 03, 2007 1:56 pm

Jonnyb wrote:Luckily only yesterday my dad brought home a 42" HD LCD TV!!! Now I just gotta get the dvd from where?
Second what Burner said. The DVD and HD DVD discs are available from www.onesixright.com , but the HD DVD does require a HD DVD player and will not play in a regular DVD player. There are also upconverting DVD players you can buy and play the standard DVDs in, that will "transform" your picture in to a better quality (interlaced) for ones HDTV. If you have a 720p or 1080p HDTV you'd lose quality whenever you are viewing something less than that standard of HD (Yes, there are many standards, 1080p being the highest right now). Long story short, if you have a HD DVD player get that disc from the link above, otherwise you're better off viewing it on Discovery HD (channel) with the HD programming from your cable company. A standard DVD in comparison is crappy quality!

Note: Most people don't understand you have to "feed" the HDTV with a HD signal, otherwise you're committing "HD abuse", while you think you're viewing High Def, but in fact viewing standard media on a screen capable of much more. As far as the DVDs and HD DVDs however, the HD ones simply do not play in a standard player.
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:02 pm

Is this movie viewable on the discovery channel? Because my family will be buying Sky HD for the new tv.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:19 pm

Discovery Ch and Discovery HD Ch are two different channels, you'd have to check the lineup that your service provider has.