A Question to VTB's

"How To" by our Pilot Staff
lqcorsa

A Question to VTB's

Post by lqcorsa » Sun Jun 18, 2006 4:57 am

Do the Virtual Thunderbirds change from airbase to airbase, fly from one to the other once your mission is done and your ready for the next airshow?
Shots

Post by Shots » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:15 pm

Lol idk how that would work since its not dynamic missions online... but who knows ill let them answer that would be my opinion. =)
Pete "Shots" Petrosino
BonJobie
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by BonJobie » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:08 pm

The answer is "no". The mission profile we have is for our own "home field" just like Nellis is to the real team. You may notice in our screen shots and some video that we have a hangar in the background that says "Home of the Thunderbirds" and there several other amenities that this mission has such as airshow "crowd" tents, etc. distance markers and improved tree line around the base, all added by our tremendous computer gurus. On the other hand, we have done "remote shows" in our mission profile where we take off from our home base and fly in actual time to another base for a remote show. We begin the show with the "Cloverloop Opener with the Blue Out", just as the real team does at remote shows. We fly the entire high show, finish up with a Delta Pass to say "good bye" and fly back home for a Delta Pitch and landing. That is a lot of fun but takes a while with the enroute times added to the High Show time. I hope that answers your question.

Bon
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Mon Jun 19, 2006 9:05 pm

Wow thanks Bon, I'd love to find a place where I can download those tents and stuff :D :D.