Tryouts and Openings Q & A's

"How To" by our Pilot Staff
Cobra
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Cobra » Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:24 pm

Johny, If you live in the UK be advised that the practice time we utilise are very difficult for pilots in your timezone. Typically we will be practicing around 5.00am UK time.

If this is not a consideration for you then drop us a line.
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:19 am

mmmm
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:33 am

what about weekends.
Burner

Post by Burner » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:12 pm

Just flying on weekends is not frequent enough to fly on the main squad. You can still tryout to be part of this team, but your chance of getting a 1-6 spot some day is basically zero.

Sorry
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:39 pm

LOL

I think I may just tryout anyway, so I am free on teusdays,wednesdays,fridays and the weekend but on the week days i will only be free from 3:30-10:00. And on the weekend (all day) unless i am just away for personal reasons which usually doesent occur.

Jonny :D
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Mon Jan 16, 2006 12:43 pm

Or if i do not get that 1-6 position maybe I could tryout for a 7-12 position If there is one free ofcourse.

Jonny
Rock

Post by Rock » Mon Jan 16, 2006 2:06 pm

Jonny B make sure and become 100% familiar with our FAQs page located here:

http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/faqs.html

Inside you'll find a link to our recruiting officer and you'll be able to apply for a tryout there.

The bottem line for anyone that is applying is that it takes a tremendous amount of hours to be a member on this team. We certainly don't want to discourage anyone from being able to tryout for our team. But, as Burner indicated, flying on the weekends only will simply not cut it. Everyone needs to be able practice for several hours at a time and at least 3 times a week is a must. In saying that it must also be understood that while we all understand that real life issues must come first, each individual needs to be able to sustain this high level of committment not weekly, but monthly far ahead into the future. Additionally, potenial recruits should be well configured for flying ie computer and flight controls. All of this is talked about in our FAQ section so once again make sure and have a good look there. Hope this helps and good luck!
HalfricanUSA

Post by HalfricanUSA » Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:38 pm

Hi everyone,

Im Bryce and I'm am very interested in this program you guys have going. See, my father, currently Lt. Col. Turner in the Virginia Air National Guard, has gotten me interested in flying when I grow up. He himself tried out to be Thunderbird 2 and Thunderbird 6 another year (not virtual... the real deal). He made it quite far in the selection process but never made it. I want to one day myself achieve what he was so close to doing. My dad is also an avid flight simmer, and it was he who showed me this site. At the moment.. seeing that I'm 17 and entangled in much school work, I most probably would not be able to commit. However... in the near future I hope that maybe I could become a Virtual Thunderbird and even farther down the road an actual Thunderbird myself.

All I want to say is you guys are doing an awesome job. I can't wait untill your next movie.

Bryce
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:48 pm

Thanks for your comments Bryce!

We can only show you the door, the rest is up to you! In plain English: We can only offer a tryout for anyone interested, the outcome is ultimately determined by you. This goes for everyone asking about trying out or joining.

LD
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox » Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:01 am

Hello everyone. I would like to be considered for membership on your demonstration team. I am an avid and very active simmer. I am currently retired from the 388thVFW (www.388th.net), a Falocn 4.0 squadron. I was a ranking command staff member (Liasion Officer). During my stint with them I accumualted close to 1000 flight hours.

I have been flying LOMAC since it was released and have probably accumulated close to 500 hours flight time. 95% of that online either in the hyperloby or with my group the Blacksheep.

I have always enjoyed precison formation flying and would love the opportunity to learn more about it. Please consider me as a canidate for training in your program.

Silverfox
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Feb 04, 2006 12:28 pm

Silverfox,

Follow the instructions in the other sticky thread in this forum if you wish to tryout.

Lawndart
Silverfox

Post by Silverfox » Sat Feb 04, 2006 1:16 pm

Thanks Lawndart my bad. E mail sent. I appreciate the help.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:15 pm

Just be patient and make sure to double check the FAQs and setup tips on our site, so you're ready to go fly when the time comes. I personally hope to get some tryouts going again soon, but don't be surprised if you don't hear anything for at least a few days (probably more). We are all very busy engineering or flying in real life, whichever it may be. It's sometimes amazing how we find time to do this on the side, given the precision we keep up with at the same time...

Cya in the friendly skies soon...

Lawndart
Bulldog

Post by Bulldog » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:56 pm

Hey guys,

Well, my name is Tanner and I am pretty interested in joining you guys, I was curious if it is at all possible to just sit in on a practice? I dont think that I am quite ready to try out or make a commitment to this type of thing, school and other things in life just suck!

So, I was curious if there is going to be a time when you guys are doing a training session with someone, or even a real practice that I could sit in on and watch.

Thanks!
-Tanner
www.vusn.org
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:38 pm

if any1 wants to train up with me, just msn me... [ not just form up ,, loops turns , watever]
[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards