Tryouts and Openings Q & A's

"How To" by our Pilot Staff
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:50 pm

Well guys, we're wroking at trying to solve stuttering issues in 1.1 right now and once that's done we'll pick up the tryouts. No saying how long this might take though? It's quite aggrevating... We've put in many hours so far trying to figure this out and it might be a 1.1 issue or combination with our mod and 1.1 in which case we'll need to do whatever we can on our part (editing files and configs) to make sure the mod works at least as well as the default planes.

Thanks for your interest and keep checking in!

LawnDart
Buster

Post by Buster » Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:28 pm

Hi

I would love to try out for the VThunderBirds. I fly Falcon 4.0 ( Latest Patches) , FS 2004, LOMAC, IL-2.

I have been wanting to be apart of something like this for a long time. I think its great you guys are doing this and the site is perfect.
Please contact me.

Thanks

My Comp specs:
3.2 Gig Intel
160 Gig HD
1 Gig DDR Ram
DSL connection

Joysticks:
Cougar
Micrsoft ForceFeedBack2
WITH ENOUGH THRUST, LIFT IS IRRELAVANT !
TBT_Piper

Post by TBT_Piper » Sat Apr 23, 2005 1:59 pm

I am glad to see that this hit a 3rd page and that people are interested. Too bad more people means more rejections :(
FalconPara

Another for try out

Post by FalconPara » Sun Apr 24, 2005 7:24 pm

Please advise when you may have try outs for your #9-#12 positions or as backup of #1-#8 .

Thanks

Thunderbirds..Ready..Roll..Now.........Smoke ...Now
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Sun Apr 24, 2005 9:13 pm

FalconPara,

Need to change that sig, don't think I've ever heard that call. You could substitute:

"Smoke on Ready Now, Go Bon Ton spread ready now -> Smoke off ready now and ROooooLL!"
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Re: Another for try out

Post by Lawndart » Sun Apr 24, 2005 11:40 pm

FalconPara wrote:Please advise when you may have try outs for your #9-#12 positions or as backup of #1-#8 .

Thanks

Thunderbirds..Ready..Roll..Now.........Smoke ...Now
We won't have any additional pilots backing #1-8. Team members #7-12 are the "backups" (although, we're trying to give everyone a meaningful role on the team) and the tryouts will be for #9-12. We will let you know on this board when the tryouts will be! Don't expect any until early, mid-May at least...

Just like you guys, we're waiting on a lot of things to click ourselves, so keep working on your joinups with others online or A/I planes in the meantime! You'll need it!

LawnDart
USAF_Soldier

Post by USAF_Soldier » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:37 pm

oh gosh theres more postions coming out next thing you know there will be Enlisted Crew Chief's
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:51 pm

Although that would be cool, we will not go beyond 12 pilots! We're still keeping the show pilots to 6 (just like the real guys), just cause it takes a tremendous amount of practice and finding a "Zen" between each other to fly like we do. You can't simply swap positions however you'd like to. The remaining pilots will all have a role on the team and fill-in as backups (to make a complete lineup for practice, but also learn). More pilots than that and it would defeat the purpose of our team!
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Mon May 02, 2005 4:28 pm

This is for anyone who only checks back to this thread. Its not a tryout but those who want to tryout could benefit greatly.

http://virtualthunderbirds.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=92
USAF_Soldier

Post by USAF_Soldier » Tue May 03, 2005 5:05 pm

Just curious but how do u get a postion from 9 to 12
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue May 10, 2005 5:39 pm

We'll host tryouts for positions 9-12 starting very soon!!! Our mod is nearing completion and at this point all we're really waiting for is 1.1 to be re-released (for download and/or CD version).

To give everyone a reference, as soon as the 1.1 CD is avail we plan on starting to host some tryouts, so if you haven't already - pre-order the CD now from Naturalpoint. We will be abandoning v1.02 completely for 1.1, so you'll need that to fly with us.

The mod is currently compatible with LoMan 2.1 using the Unofficial LoMan Patch from TekaTeka, both of which can be found at LomacFiles.com and also in the Library on our website. No more hassles of installing/uninstalling files manually if you use this utility.

Anyone interested in trying out should also check out the real Thunderbirds website and their Video Clips section. Especially look under Boss video clips since they have the radio comms. This is exactly the same as our calls and although the tryouts won't consist of any serious maneuvering initially, it'll give you an idea of what to expect later on.

More to come soon...
LawnDart
Schnicklefritz

Tryout

Post by Schnicklefritz » Thu May 12, 2005 9:50 am

I would like to tryout for your team. I am 74 years young and fly in Fighter Ace and MS Flight Simulator 2004. Thanks. Charlie, Georgia USA
Jet-Wash

Trying out #8 slot

Post by Jet-Wash » Sat May 14, 2005 1:53 am

I do not have many hours in lomac or for any bird for that matter. However I would like a shot at trying out for those 9-12 positions. If I really concentrate hard, I can get over my vertigo, and Walleye vision too.
Lose sight, Lose the fight....
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat May 14, 2005 8:33 am

We'll start hosting tryouts soon.

LawnDart
Last edited by Lawndart on Tue May 24, 2005 5:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ARCHER

Post by ARCHER » Thu May 19, 2005 10:59 am

my system.. intel p4 3.0
1gig 533ddr2 memory
256mb x300 pci express video card
160gb sata hd

looking for a chane to fly with a virtual team , train and learn,
i am 31 years old ,location usa , gave a lot to the comunity with my
mods =sound packs cockpit and light mods ...http://forum.combatace.com/index.php?dlcategory=26

lockon 1.1 here with fixes

........ :wink:
KEEP LOCKON ALIVE.......