Tryouts and Openings Q & A's

"How To" by our Pilot Staff
BonJobie
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by BonJobie » Mon Feb 06, 2006 6:25 pm

To everyone who has expressed interest in trying out in the near future:
First of all, thanks for your interest and we look forward to having you move into our tryout process soon. We have had a few requests to "sit in" or watch a practice; while we wish we could accomodate those requests, and we may be able to in the future, right now our policy is that our practice sessions are closed sorties with only team members allowed. Our practice time is very limited due to the real life schedules of a 10 member team; consequently, it would be a "mild" distraction to have people watching and crowding the server ability more than it already is. Nevertheless, we will not say "never" and we hope to have a time when a second Ventrilo server will be available and quite possibly the ability to host what we have referred to as a "Open House" to the public when we allow interested pilots have a look/see and watch one of our practices on a specific date. Afterall, we are here for you, to watch and enjoy, and we certainly enjoy showing you how our hard training and practices have paid off. Thanks for your patience and interest. In the meantime, we always suggest that some of you get together and host each other and start with the basics: get the SOP from our website, learn the procedures and have someone fly as "Boss" and go for it!

Smoke On, Ready NOW. . .pull set!

Boss
Burner

Post by Burner » Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:30 pm

Send me an Email and you'll be added to the Recruitment list.

8)
Blackhawk10

Post by Blackhawk10 » Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:11 pm

I am Jason DeMark, 16 and a virtual pilot. I fly in the CAP a little bit and am an avid military and aviation enthusiest. I enjoy flying formation above all so I thought I'd check you guys out. Fly with the best, you know? Hope to try out soon.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:26 pm

Thank you for checking in! Did you contact Burner?

LD
Fuzzy

Post by Fuzzy » Thu May 11, 2006 10:35 pm

I'd be interested in trying out. I will contact Burner shortly. My name is Ryan - I'm currently an AFROTC cadet in my first year with a scholarship and pilot slot. I have 40 hours real-world flight experience and have soloed already. I also am no stranger to taking sims seriously - I'm a member of a virtual airline that flies using FS2004 and VATSIM.
Tubs

Post by Tubs » Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:35 pm

Hello I am Jonathan 14, but like Randy spend a little to much time on flight sims hehe.... I have probably 4 hours of flight logged in a Cessna lol nothing much but is starts you off. I would love to join yall VERY VERY MUCH!!!!
Eagle

Post by Eagle » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:53 pm

Hello my friends. Last time I applied (on my old comp) I ran into severe trouble with my lag on it. Ive recently (Christmas) recieved a much better computer along with TrackIR Vector Expansion to add to my X52. I still have Bon Jobie and maybe Lawndart on my MSN and still have the info for ventrilo. I am hoping maybe, that I can try again, and I am willing once I get confirmation to redownload all the skins and mod to my computer like I used to have it.

Kind Regards,

Chris U.
scapilot

Post by scapilot » Tue Jul 11, 2006 9:44 pm

Hey guys, just wanted to check in and let you know that I'm currently looking for a new home. It's me, the pilot formerly known as Messiah, and I've been flying the slot position with the Virtual Snowbirds on you guys' server for roughly the past four months. I contacted Cinch tonight and asked him what the availablity was for a tryout flight, and was just curious as to if there was any way that I could get an invite while looking for a new home. I think my schedule kind of ties the hands of the Snowbirds, and they are really trying to blossom into a full time thing, and get all their kinks worked out. I was humbled at the fact that they gave me the opportunity to fly with them, and hope to maintain contact with the majority of them after leaving the team. But have always been impressed with you guys and were just curious as to if there were any available opportunities to be able to get in and try my hand at the Thunderbird for a change. Thanks a lot for the consideration, and I hope to hear a reply soon!

The pilot now known as Creature :twisted:
BonJobie

Post by BonJobie » Wed Jul 12, 2006 4:40 pm

Thanks for the note. I would suggest you send a PM to our Recruiting officer, Burner and get something set up with him. Then we can take it from there.

Bon
Logite

Post by Logite » Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:52 am

I sent an email in about joining! I'm not the best at all the procedures, but I learn extremely quick! :)
Bow

Post by Bow » Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:43 am

Are you still holding tryouts?
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Wed Apr 16, 2008 11:12 am

@travo357, we are always looking for interested pilots to fill our open positions.

An announcement will be posted soon, but to give you a heads up...

I have been putting up a phantom server for pilots to fly running 3 phantom tracks. Beginner, intermediate and advanced which cycles every hour. The advanced track contains loops and rolls, you can consider this track to be a basic requirement when asking for a tryout. Check Ventrilo to see if the phantom boss is flying and to get the IP.

Thanks for your interest in our team.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:48 pm

We've made some changes to our recruitment. See Becoming a Virtual Thunderbird for more info.

Also, if you've applied in the past and still waiting to tryout, please re-apply again as we're starting from a clean slate for 2009. We've also made some changes to the application process following your initial request.