Many Thanks to #3 (#4)

"How To" by our Pilot Staff
BonJobie
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Many Thanks to #3 (#4)

Post by BonJobie » Tue Jan 10, 2006 4:23 pm

On behalf of the entire Virtual Thunderbird Team I would like to thank Kyle Nelson (Jarhead), most currently our #3 Right Wing (last years terrific #4 Slot) for the great talent and flying he brought to the Team. Kyle recently retired from the Team in order to dedicate more time to school and work as he prepares to enter the United States Marine Corps later this spring. For those who had the privilege of flying with him in the Diamond, he brought a great technical talent to the Team and made the Diamond look perfect. His contributions as Slot will be the standard for years to come. Here's to you, Jarhead. Thanks for serving our country and remember, once a Virtual Thunderbird, always a Virtual Thunderbird. Be Safe and Semper Fi.

Bon
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Tue Jan 10, 2006 5:35 pm

Eeeehhh, i never realy known you personaly but , u have lots of skilzorz, it's sad to see you leaving.
[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards
Sinister

Post by Sinister » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:10 pm

im mostly going to miss his loud ass background noise coming through his desktop mic. from the sound of his speakers and subwoofer bouncing off his hardwood floors..

im sure we will keep in touch Jarhead.. please keep us updated on the new roads you are traveling.
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:16 pm

my 500 watt sistem combined with creative extreme fidelety got the cops here, but they were so excited about the wine, and my computer that they decided to let it go.
[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards
Burner

Post by Burner » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:30 pm

Yup Jarhead was the man in slot. And if you think he is a good formation flier you should see him in BF2 tearin it up killin noobs left and right.

BOOM HEATSHOT!
Cinch

Jarhead!!

Post by Cinch » Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:50 pm

Hey bud hate to see you go, you brought alot to the table with your flying, something I could never come close to.... In short your the best slot I have seen. I wish you luck with all you do, and from a old SALTY DOG now a ARMY PUKE to a young DEVIL DOG take care and be safe out there and look foward to seeing you on the battlefield somday, and I'm not talking the BF2 type. But just remember..............

The Soldier's Creed:
I am an American Soldier.
I am a Warrior and a member of a team.
I serve the people of the United States and
live the Army Values.

I will always place the mission first.
I will never accept defeat.
I will never quit.
I will never leave a fallen comrade.

I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills. I always maintain my arms, my equipment and myself.
I am an expert and I am a professional.
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of the United States of America in close combat.
I am a guardian of freedom and the American way of life.
I am an American Soldier.

Be Safe out there

PV2 Michael D Perry
2nd Bat 151st RAID
Georgia Army National Guard
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Jan 10, 2006 10:27 pm

Kudos to the man who created the standard for Slot and a very talented individual! As there are no ex-Thunderbirds, only former Thunderbirds, enjoy your real life commitments and come back for a cameo some time.

LD
Convertible

Post by Convertible » Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:01 pm

JH,

It was a pleasure flying with you. You have set the standard for the slot and have made it a feat to accomplish. I appreciate all the advice you gave me on how to be tighter and fly slot better. I will meet that standard, thanks to you bud. If you do come back for a cameo, the slot is yours. I'll fly stinger to learn more from the master. I wish you luck in life and all your future pursuits.

Convertible