Questions about VFAT 2008 video and a lot more!

"How To" by our Pilot Staff
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:07 am

Using Fraps how to record the video of each plane? I don't see any options :cry:
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:52 am

Panther wrote: Without switches, wiring, control boards, etc just the consoles and ejection seat runs just a tad below $1000.
It's all the little things that add up - My seat kit was just $395, but after paint, hardware, seat pads, chute container, oxygen bottle, paint, harness, flight data recorder, paint, and ejection handle, cost was over $1,200. (To get that finish, I used spray paint & LOTS of it. :wink: )

$1,000 will get you a kit for the entire pit, but remember all the other things that go into it. And if you use spray paint like I did, buy it by the case!
Thunderbird wrote:Using Fraps how to record the video of each plane? I don't see any options :cry:
Fraps is not part of LOMAC, it is a separate program that simply records whatever you see in a sim or game. To record, you simply play back a track with Fraps running. http://www.fraps.com
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:04 pm

I can record using Fraps, sorry to ask, too many question but the video that you guys make using Fraps for VFAT 2008 is awesome, how can u freely capture the video for each plane and zoom in and out using Fraps?

As I try record it only record what I see in the game.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:17 pm

Thunderbird wrote:As I try record it only record what I see in the game.
Exactly! That's what Fraps does. You'll have to learn to use all the view (key) commands in Lock On and act as a cameraman while "frapping".

See this thread (from the MOAS):
VFAT Forums: LockOn Camera-Views
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:39 pm

Thanks bro I will learn on that. By the way I just downloaded the VFAT 2007 video, and I see the difference of the graphic in both video, did you notice the plane character in the runway whereby the wheels look not really touch the ground when taxi, but in VFAT 2008 video I guess that problem fixed. I installed the v2.6 Mod and I have the same thing, even when I land I don't see the wheel really touch the ground and it's like few inches up in air. Is this a bug?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:47 pm

The "floating wheels" is a known issue since the original F-16 3D model replaces the F-15 Eagle in game (and retains the coordinates for the larger F-15 even as the exterior is changed to an F-16). The readme file addresses this known issue.

Our new 3D model (which was debuted at VFAT 2008) fixes this by moving the model coordinates to where the wheels touch the ground. The new 3D model is not public (at this time).

Original model by ED (inaccurate, floating wheels when used over the F-15, wing pylons etc.). Seen in Smoke On, VFAT 2007...

New 3D model by Malignant (BETA - accurate Block 52, wheels touch the ground, no wing pylons etc.). Seen in VFAT 2008...
Last edited by Lawndart on Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:01 pm

The 3D model is great however a fix to the problem will make the mod great without any bug, any idea when it will be released?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:04 pm

Thunderbird wrote:The 3D model is great however a fix to the problem will make the mod great without any bug, any idea when it will be released?
There won't be any fix to the v2.6 mod. The original 3D model by ED is a discontinued project.

We're working on an update to the new 3D model by Malignant, but at this time there is no planned public release. At the earliest, the next update would be sometime 2010. (The *new* model seen in the screenshot is still the BETA from last year).

Hope this answers your questions! :wink:
Thunderbird

Post by Thunderbird » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:16 pm

Thanks!