Phantom voice issues

"How To" by our Pilot Staff
Fox

Phantom voice issues

Post by Fox » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:40 am

I setup a phantom on my second computer and it works perfectly, but now I am trying to setup the voice to broadcast over Ventrilo. I have the .vrf, and set it up in Ventrilo with the bindings. I can hear the recording perfectly on my speakers when I start the phantom, but the only issue I am having is in the setup screen under the mixer, there is no choice of "What you hear" under Line, it only says Master Volume. Is this a common problem or am I doing something wrong? Thank you.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:27 am

You need a Creative card (Sound Blaster) to have the "What U Hear" -option. Try selecting "Wave" in the Line dropdown menu instead and see if that works. If there is no such option either, be sure that you have your sound card selected under the Mixer dropdown menu (Hardware input mixer) and then select some type of Stereo Mix output under the Line dropdown menu.

If not, Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio cards run as low as $50-100 nowadays on Newegg.com. I know most people overlook getting a sound card when their Mobo has onboard sound (which all of them do), but no one ever forgets to install a dedicated graphics card even if their Mobo already has onboard graphics. I guess I'm just old school, but I live by the rule of having a dedicated sound card as much and have never run into any problems. Besides, it sounds better too... :wink:
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:26 am

Stereo Mix is the same as What you Hear.
Fox

Post by Fox » Sat Aug 08, 2009 1:11 am

I had neither "Wave" in the Line drop down menu, nor anything other than "Master Volume." Guess I will need to purchase a sound card. Thanks for your help!