Now what? - Mod problems

"How To" by our Pilot Staff
HALEN

Now what? - Mod problems

Post by HALEN » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:17 pm

I've been all day working on getting this game loaded again with Modman and the VTB and VBA's mods/ skins.

The VBA's loaded fine with Modman.
The VTB's didn't load, at least not the skins/plane. When you start LockOn to fly the VTB's, the splash screens are showing up, but everything else is still showing up with the FA18 Hornet with BA skins.

I know I've taken a wrong turn getting all of this reloaded, but where did I turn left when I should have turned right?

HALEN
What is understood doesn't need to be discussed
Tailhook
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Tailhook » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:36 pm

Now you have to reinstall everything. :lol:

You can only run one at a time because they both overwrite the F-15.
HALEN

Post by HALEN » Sat Apr 18, 2009 10:46 pm

Woah........whatta ya mean, "Reinstall" everything?

Sheeze, what have I done.

If I get this working TH, I'm buying you a drink. 2nd time today you've bailed me out.

HALEN
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Sat Apr 18, 2009 11:37 pm

Uninstall all mods via Modman.

Start Lockon verify that you see the standard splash screen and can fly the F-15.

Afterwards, install one or the other. Because as Tailhook said, both mods use the F-15 .
HALEN

Post by HALEN » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:10 pm

Thanks Panther, that what I was starting to figure out about the different mods. But, thanks to the insight given to me too, I'm up and flying.

Now, it's off to figure out phantom tracks and checking out to see if any of you use the Saitek 52 and how you guys have programed your sticks to get it to do what it needs to do...

To many options, so little time.

**SALUTE**

HALEN
Ells

Post by Ells » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:37 pm

I have the X52 Pro and have problems with buttons on the throttle quadrant and assigning them in game, it's like a button is depressed all the time when trying to assign.

Can't get my head around it.
HALEN

Post by HALEN » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:05 pm

Wow, ok. I haven't had much time to mess with it today, but tomorrow I have the day off and I may try to see about getting it assigned. However, if you are having issues such as these, I'm sure I will follow suit.

Have you done a reinstall of the joystick's CD? I'm starting to see why the VTB use Thrustmaster. lol

I'll let ya know if I have any luck.

HALEN

PS. Ells, can you give any pointers, (if you have time) as to what you have assigned to what buttons? **SALUTE**
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:10 am

Ells wrote:I have the X52 Pro and have problems with buttons on the throttle quadrant and assigning them in game, it's like a button is depressed all the time when trying to assign.

Can't get my head around it.
Move the throttle up to the mid range and try again. If that doesn't work, you have to disable the magic mouse and the other stuff in the hardware profile that has to do with the X52.
Phantoms Phorever!