Formation Practice Help

"How To" by our Pilot Staff
stevencarnegie

Formation Practice Help

Post by stevencarnegie » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:37 pm

Hello All,

I'm look for a place to practice formation. I've been on UBI.com but most there wish to dogfight. I really wish to find someone or a place to practice formations in hopes of being able to join a team. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I can be reached via email as well. stevencarnegie@yahoo.com
Steven Carnegie
GoonRider
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:52 pm

The answer to your question here.
stevencarnegie

Post by stevencarnegie » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:19 pm

Lawndart,

I greatly appreciate and thank you for your help. I was trying to log in and was not successful. Is it down at this time?
Steven Carnegie
GoonRider
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:37 pm

While it's not available 24/7, or if the team is using it ourselves, the server is usually up and running quite frequently every other day. This exact moment it just happens to be down for maintenance, adding a new track to the rotation. I'm sure it will be up again shortly.
stevencarnegie

Post by stevencarnegie » Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:38 pm

Cool, again, I thank you for your help. I'm really looking forward to practice time.
Steven Carnegie
GoonRider
stevencarnegie

Post by stevencarnegie » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:09 pm

I logged onto the Phantom Server and can hear all of the commands, however, it didn't launch lock on in order for me to practice. What might I be doing wrong with my setup?
Steven Carnegie
GoonRider
Luse

Post by Luse » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:38 pm

You must have Lock On Flaming Cliffs 1.12A or 1.12B (Vista Only) Patch installed, along with the Virtual Thunderbirds Mod.

Then you must start Lock On yourself, and click on Network, then in the address bar enter the I.P that phantom boss has in his Ventrilo comment. Hit start and Viola! :D Just choose blue side, select a jet and hit fly.

All of this can be found here. :wink: Hope this helps.
Sawamura

Re: Phantom Server Help

Post by Sawamura » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:40 pm

Mh did you (try to) join the server manually via ip?

From my point, all works fine. Just joining the Ventrilo server and afterwards joining the game server in lock on. :?
stevencarnegie

Post by stevencarnegie » Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

I'm fairly new to flying online, I tried manually but not sure if I was doing it correctly. I tried as client and still got nothing.
Steven Carnegie
GoonRider
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Tue Sep 16, 2008 2:44 pm

I understand you have joined Ventrilo and hear the Boss.

Open LockOn and hit network, on the next page put in the IP address (LookOn Ventrilo to see my IP 24.207.55.214). The port should be default 10308 and there is no password. Hit OK.

On the next page select the blue side and hit OK.
On the next page select a open jet and hit FLY or RECORD TRACK under the menu on the top.
Next, hold on cause your going for a ride! :lol:

If you record track, you will have the option at the end of the sorite to save it. Name it and hit save, it will be located in your tracks folder for you to watch later.
Joker

Post by Joker » Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:13 pm

ALSO! Make sure you have Flaming cliffs :wink: with the 1.12 patch
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:20 am

GoonRider,

You had posted basically the same question in two different forums and two very similar threads. I merged them into one place instead.

Two tips:
  1. After you join the Ventrilo channel with the phantom you will be able to hear the radio calls. It has absolutely nothing to do with the game server aside from the IP being posted in a comment. You always have to join the game server yourself in LockOn using this IP address.
  2. Sounds like you may still have a different version of LockOn on your system, and as has already been pointed out, you must have the same version running (currently 1.12b). Read through the sticky called How to Install LockOn and make sure you're up-to-date, running the correct version and patch for Flaming Cliffs.
Good luck!
stevencarnegie

VTB Phantom Server Help Please.

Post by stevencarnegie » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:21 pm

Hello All,

If I may bother, I need some help getting to the server. I have flaming cliffs, I have the latest patch as well as being ables to fly the VTB F-16. I can hear and even chat with others on Ventrilo. However, I am unable to get to the actual tracks to practice. I am starting to feel like an idiot. Any help or ideas as to what I may be doing wrong is greatly appreciated. I really would to practice the tracks in hope of getting better in formation flying.
Steven Carnegie
GoonRider
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Mon Sep 22, 2008 7:12 pm

See this thread.

viewtopic.php?t=2577

Starting a new thread doesn't help. LD will merge this with the other 2 you started on this topic.

Please come on ventrilo and we will sort it out. It may be a firewall or router problem.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:25 pm

You got it Redeye. This is the third new thread on the same subject... :roll: Merged threads again.

@stevencarnegie, just catch one of us in Ventrilo and we can figure out at what step you're having difficulties joining the actual game host. Again, simply being in Ventrilo will not launch the game. You have to join a multiplayer session yourself in LockOn and connect to the IP given via the comment in Ventrilo. Unless you have a firewall issue unbeknownst to yourself, or using a version other than 1.12 of Flaming Cliffs, you should be able to join the server.