Maneuver Profiles

"How To" by our Pilot Staff
Whack
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Maneuver Profiles

Post by Whack » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:01 pm

Hello everyone.

First time poster. I just learned of your organization today, and it goes without saying, I am impressed.

Are the maneuver profiles available? I would love to take a look with the intent of trying out after the first of the year.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Best,

Todd
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:27 pm

Glad to see you stop by Tmac! Welcome to the forums!

The maneuver profiles and parameters are not available for public download. We did used to have a condensed SOP manual with the callouts and their meaning for download, but when other poeple started copy cating it and claiming it as their own work (in other words not publishing the authors or asking for permission under public copyright), we decided not to publicly give out any of the materials we've pieced together through well over 50 different sources including 1-on-1's with real pilots, DVDs, books, scanners and an insane amount of microscopic analisys of both optical hits and test flying it afterwards. At one point we even image enhanced photos and film to be able to get still shots of a couple of very important pages (we didn't know at the time those pages would be so valuable) from the actual Thunderbird Ops manual.

We'd be glad to answer any question you may have here and if you're serious about it, there are many people on our team that would talk your ears off if you come tryout and/or just hang out in our voice server (I've been told many times I'm one of them :wink: ). We can answer pretty much any question you have and if we don't know, we should be able to dig it up for you too. Once we get to know you and if you're still interested in what we do, we typically start sharing a lot more of the type of information you're looking for! First you'll have to strap on the virtual jet and tryout with us.

Also, the tryout is not all that important how well you perform right off the bat. We just want to get to know you better and evaulate if you're "teachable" within the time we all sacrifice from real life and families. So yes, there are some flying criteria straight away, but if you're an average stick with basic understanding of rejoins and holding a combat spread, we're mostly interested in making sure your rig, joystick, LOMAC version and so on is working properly to not hinder your progress at any point and above all, getting to know you! We are a tight knit crew here...

LD

P.S. Check our contact page to connect to and get setup with Ventrilo voice comms. Ventrilo client can be downloaded at: www.ventrilo.com. While it's easy to answer many individual Q's in the forums, being able to speak in person is a heck of a lot more efficient for all when it comes to instructing.
Whack
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Whack » Sun Nov 12, 2006 5:05 pm

Hey!

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try and join in on a practice in the next couple of weeks. I don't own LOMAC, I've been neck-deep in Falcon 4.0 this year. I'll purchase it this week and get the downloads you suggest.

Look forward to it!

Best,

Todd