Newbie Question: Flaps , Trim, Profile, Padlock

"How To" by our Pilot Staff
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:28 pm

Cougar World should have any answer of how Foxy/HOTAS CCP works: http://cougar.frugalsworld.com/index.php

I only have two things for ya: Check and make sure the big green button is in fact green in HOTAS CCP before you start up the sim. If it is a big red button, then you don't have button emulation enabled, which you will need for any Foxy profile to work otherwise the joystick is recognized as a simple 8-button directX input device and none of the Foxy layout commands are loaded. Just click the button to switch emulation on/off! Secondly, did you use the VTB_002.zip archive from within the last two-three days? I just fixed an error in the file earlier this week that could pose a problem when you hit "download to device" in Foxy.

LD
pedrosura

Thank you

Post by pedrosura » Thu Jun 29, 2006 4:39 pm

LD,

I tried so many things that I forget but I did have the green button. My profile was about 3 weeks old so I'll try the new one. I did get the VTB001 file missing error. Thank you, I think the new one will take care of it.!
P
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:29 pm

I think that would be awesome if I could watch you guys practice :D . How do we go about doing that?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:40 pm

As a rule of thumb, you'd need to hook up with us on Ventrilo first (see: contact page). and click on the banner to join our VOIP server. If a time presents itself when we're flying and don't mind having spectators, we usually invite whomever is in there to come watch. You'll obviously need Lock-On:FC 1.12a with the Thunderbird mod to see us!

LD
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:42 pm

Gotchya :P