Welcome to our version of Wilbur Creech Air Force Base

"How To" by our Pilot Staff
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Welcome to our version of Wilbur Creech Air Force Base

Post by Lawndart » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:27 pm

This area is meant as a place where anyone can post questions such as: "I'm unsure about the control inputs I need to maintain my wing during the roll?" or "I'm having problems drifting back and forth while in formation?" for example. Or feel free to just post your own topics with tips, lessons learned or share your knowledge of how you do things while flying! Also, any Thunderbird specific questions regarding the show maneuvers we perform can be addressed here, such as "How do you guys setup for the High-BB, crossover and rejoin and which altitudes, headings, speeds and timing is strived for?" Yeah, I know there's a lot that goes into that one in particular, but you get the point. Our SOPs (Standard Operating Procedures) can be found in a doc file on our website and cover the basics and outline of each maneuver and its callouts! However, there's a lot of reading between the lines necessary to fully grasp each maneuver and the SOPs doesn't really touch on piloting technique (i.e. how to actually use stick and rudder while all hell breaks loose). This is the forum for all those questions and groundschool lessons!

LawnDart
Last edited by Lawndart on Tue Jun 28, 2005 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post by Guest » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:37 pm

After our discussion last night, i think this is a wonderful idea. Thanks for making this available to us. This will allow all team members and those that are looking to join, more familiar with what happens in specific manuevers. This will allow those of us flying on the wing to know what to expect from the Boss so we can anticiapate each change Boss makes. Continue the good work.

Convertible
Convertible
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Convertible » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:40 pm

Wow, you can post without signing in. I was the guest post from above. Sorry for not signing in first.

Convertible
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:42 pm

Convertible wrote:Wow, you can post without signing in. I was the guest post from above. Sorry for not signing in first.

Convertible
You were posting just as I was setting up the permissions and managment for this forum. Had you tired it a split second later, it wouldn't have worked. :wink:

LawnDart
Convertible
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Convertible » Tue Jun 28, 2005 6:48 pm

Funny... Just as they say... Timing is everything!!!!

Convertible LOL