Form positioning 101 (teaching the correct references)

"How To" by our Pilot Staff
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Form positioning 101 (teaching the correct references)

Post by Lawndart » Sun Jul 03, 2005 3:41 pm

I'm going to make some screenshots from inside the cockpit, point out the key reference points you'd want to see in each of our different formations (using default zoom) and add some outside insets in each screenshot as well to get the inside/outside correlation for every position and post them in our Image Gallery later on next week (they will be under the reference section).

These will include everything from taxi, trail, slot, wing, delta, hi-lo hit, spread, route, line abreast, arrowhead etc and should be an extremely useful help in learning what to look for on your screen! I'll Photoshop them, highlighting the certain parts of leads aircraft you want to see, where and how big in relation to the rest of your screen. These will all be default zoom, so if you happen to fly with a zoom setting other than default these references will not work. These will also be without any lift-lines, as some of us use different canopy lines from others, while some, including myself don't use them at all. With the highlights of what to look for it shouldn't matter though and you can easily identify where to place your type of lift-line once you see these pictures.

I'll start uploading these next week sometime. This should be of great help and I'm looking forward to doing this!

LawnDart
Convertible
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Convertible » Mon Jul 04, 2005 1:03 am

Thanks so much for this LawnDart. This will be very helpful to ensure proper spread and alignment. I will keep watching for them.

Convertible.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:29 am

Alright, too much stuff going on and I don't have enough time to do all of these now. I did upload some reference shots of the wing positions, slot and trail that I put together real quick with PS. Hope this helps for now!

Go to Image Gallery: Reference: Cockpit Views

LawnDart