STARTING ENGINES

Aviation & Simulation Topics
FALCON56

STARTING ENGINES

Post by FALCON56 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:42 pm

What key or key combos do I need to start and shut down the engine? I cant find them under options in the game... I loaded a training mission with te aircraft on the ground but cant get the jet started... what am Idoing or did wrong???

Thanks

AJ
scooter

Post by scooter » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:29 pm

The "Page Up" key is what is default. "Page Down" will shut the engines down.

Scooter
FALCON56

Post by FALCON56 » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:56 pm

Scooter,

Believe it or not but I tried what you said and still no go..pardon the pun...i loaded the traing flight and my jet just sits there on the ramp with no movement.. I cant even go into a cockpit view..Its all external views and thats it.. Did I screw something up ???

Thanks

AJ
STRIKER
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by STRIKER » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:05 am

START BOTH ENGINES:

right side "windows" key + "home" key
FALCON56

Post by FALCON56 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 12:31 am

Striker,

man I tried what you said and no go there either...What else can I do??? Im lost and getting frustrated...I want to practice but I cant get the jet to run and I cant even get into the cockpit in the training files...Now if I do the "fly" option on the main screen I can fly and turn the engines on and off with the page up and down key... Do i just need to re-install the mod??? Thanks for the help... m sure your tired of answering stupid questions..

Thanks
AJ
Convertible
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Convertible » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:24 am

Go into the options area in Lock on and under the input area select keyboard. Look to the right and select flight. Scroll down until you see engine start. Then you will see the key command needed, or change it to one that you can remember, which is what I did. See picture below.

Hope this helps.

Convertible
FALCON56

Post by FALCON56 » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:09 pm

Convertible,

I looked on the options menu and I didnt find those keys, but I did get my engines to star/stop when I did a mission under the mission editor page..However, I tried to fly on the VTB training and it wont start and it keeps coming up as the boss's plane no matter what I do..are those ftwo trying files for mulitplayer only??? Thanks

AJ
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:02 pm

SP vs. MP, all you need to do is change "client" to "player" in the mission builder. http://www.virtualthunderbirds.com/foru ... .php?t=844

Engine starting, shift+home and alt+home starts the right and left engine. Of course we're assuming you use version 1.12a. Keys could have changed over different versions and if that's not what you're using I don't have a clue... You'll have to reference the doc files that come with the installation (check the key reference doc in the doc folder) and then follow the splendid explanation Convertible gave.

LD
FALCON56

Post by FALCON56 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:03 am

To everyone,

Thanks for all the help in solving the problem... Everything works and life is good.. TEAM WORK BABY!!! Thanks to everyone without the help Id still be flying FS2004...HAHA...

THANKS

AJ