Waypoints INOP in 1.1

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Waypoints INOP in 1.1

Post by Lawndart » Fri Apr 29, 2005 10:47 am

After some more testing, I have to conclude that the waypoints are inop in 1.1. They only display correct heading info. Time and distance are only accurate under certain circumstances. I originally thought it was only if you were on the line between point A to point B, since they obviously only display offset distance regardless of how far away you might be paralleling or sidetracking the course. Not only that, but I now also discovered that this only works if the course is a 360/180 course as our homebase airfield of Razdolnoye has. With the new missions and different runway headings I couldn't get a single waypoint(s) to display accurate distance and time UNLESS I flew towards it on a direct 360/180 course (different from the plotted course I had made in the editor). It's all messed up seems like (I yet smell another bug)! Could someone with 1.02 check and verify that this was not the case in the old version? I'm pretty sure the waypoints were working, but I currently have no way of checking...

Make sure each waypoint has accurate distance and time regardless of the direction you approach it, that's all I'm really looking for!

LawnDart

P.S. Sitting at an internet cafe overlooking the runways in Richmond, VA and watching the F-16's take off on their sorties!
SilentEagle
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by SilentEagle » Sat Apr 30, 2005 12:22 am

I told you this months ago LD!!! You never did listen...it was a problem in 1.02 :lol:
TBT_Piper

Post by TBT_Piper » Sat Apr 30, 2005 1:33 pm

LMFAO!!!!