New Game: USAF Pilot Training: Road to the ThunderBirds

Aviation & Simulation Topics
STRIKER
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by STRIKER » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:03 pm

FALCON56 wrote:Burner,

I think it was the Thunder over Vegas...The game just looked like, well you can gather the rest... I got an eamil from the guys that are doing to other game about the Thunderbirds and they same some time in 2007...Mid to Late 07...

Falcon56
What "other" game is this?
Airshow fan

Post by Airshow fan » Wed Dec 13, 2006 1:31 pm

ok. I am holding alot of money for Fighter Opps. I cant wait to get it.
I thought this would be a nice Xmas present if It was out.

Thanks guys ;)

AF
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:16 pm

Adding more fuel to this old thread: As far as I know, two different companies were contacted through the "official sources" to discontinue these projects, as at least one of them had clearly violated some implied endorsement rules and exceeded fair use of copyrighted material. Regardless, both titles were slated to be merely arcade games and not simulators.

Titles
Thunder Over Vegas
USAF: Road to the Thunderbirds

P.S. Fighter Oops or Opps would be nice! And what is eamil... Next gen email? Speelchucks is fre! :wink:

Note: Sometime between 2007-2009 we will likely see a "real" simulator featuring the Thunderbirds.
FALCON56

Post by FALCON56 » Wed Dec 13, 2006 6:22 pm

Striker,

The other game was the USAF: Road to becoming a Thunderbird.. Duh.. Should have put that in there.. :oops: .But I emailed one of the guys off the company site and I was told mid to late 07. for USAF: Road to becoming a Thunderbird... No dedinate date.. But, seeing the screen shots of Fighter Ops I cant wait for that to come out...The design just looks awsome...

Falcon56
streakeagle

Post by streakeagle » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:49 am

I have had direct contact with a developer of Thunder Over Vegas in the past (Patrick Hunt). I have sent him an email requesting the status of this sim.
A64(3800 Venice) VNF4U(2 Gb RAM) X800XL(256MB) WinXP Pro(SP2/DX 9.0c)
P3T(1.2 GHz) TUV4X(1 Gb RAM) 9800 Pro(128Mb) WinXP Pro(SP2/DX 9.0c) Santa Cruz
streakeagle

Post by streakeagle » Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:49 pm

From the developer of Thunder Over Vegas:
Thanks for checking - doing beta testing on Thunder over Vegas now, will be on sale in Jan.

Air Racing to follow, probably in late spring.

Happy holidays.
A64(3800 Venice) VNF4U(2 Gb RAM) X800XL(256MB) WinXP Pro(SP2/DX 9.0c)
P3T(1.2 GHz) TUV4X(1 Gb RAM) 9800 Pro(128Mb) WinXP Pro(SP2/DX 9.0c) Santa Cruz
LorenMonaco

Post by LorenMonaco » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:29 pm

i will do both of them. I like the road to becoming a thunderbird better i think. from what i hear with the medals, ranks and actually getting tested on your flying ability. it sounds like a lot of fun, and a real challenge too.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun Dec 17, 2006 11:44 pm

I just have to laugh (a little to myself)! :lol:

These titles may be fun and appear representative of the dedication, commitment and experience, but unless you're looking for an arcade game (and even though I have no first hand knowledge or experience with either), I'll jump out on a limb and say you won't find a challenge nor a realistic representation of what these titles are portraying. Just IMHO...

Not saying that any sim (incl. LOMAC) is anywhere near accurate, but there's a huge distinction between a sim and game. So, in the spirit of voicing ones own opinion: Mine's the same as my previous post on page 1 of this thread.
necigrad

Post by necigrad » Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:44 am

Yeah, those aren't sims, they're games. A sim is Falcon, LOMAC, MSFS, etc. A game is Afterburner. If you younger ones remembr that. Man, I put a lot of quarters into Afterburner. This is going to be a game geared towards the enjoyment of the many in the general public.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:06 am

"Afterburner": That was the name of it... Thanks Necigrad! I was thinking about that game with the Tomcat the entire time as I was typing my previous reply, but just couldn't remember the name of it. Great game, great memories, but certainly not for its simulation aspects. Another fav that comes to mind from the same time period is "Outrun", but in a different genre (still under the games category though)! :P
LorenMonaco

Post by LorenMonaco » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:29 pm

Falcons a real good game. I do wish they made more flyable aircraft in LOMAC. Being able to fly the AI craft would be sweet. if the games are going to be arcade driven then no thanks. Ill stick to F-4.0 and LOMAC.
9thAF_Dablin

Post by 9thAF_Dablin » Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:27 pm

streakeagle wrote:From the developer of Thunder Over Vegas:
Thanks for checking - doing beta testing on Thunder over Vegas now, will be on sale in Jan.

Air Racing to follow, probably in late spring.

Happy holidays.
Air Racing? Sweet. I've never played an actual air-racing game/simulator yet. I tried this in IL-2, one of the hyperlobby servers had an awesome air-racing track made from chimney smoke stacks etc.

Never in the life of IL-2 had I developed such a fine ability to fly the Spitfire low and fast. It actually improved my ability to fly the aircraft as I was always nearing the edge of its flying capability. After months of flying F4AF though I've lost that ability. I tried out IL-2 just recently and even in near basic turns I start spinning. I've lost the fine touch, I guess fly-by-wire does have its disadvantages.