PowerAerobatics

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Rotorblade

PowerAerobatics

Post by Rotorblade » Tue May 09, 2006 12:31 pm

http://www.poweraerobatics.com/saf/service.html

My Dad and I drove made a visit this last Sunday.

We found the airport pretty easy and at first I wasn't quite sure where the School was. The airport is an old closed military base and a prime flying spot with not many buildings around the runway. As we drove around we saw this little building that said municipal airport on the side and there was a very nice Dodge Magnum with the license plate that said "Airsho1" on it which was the first clue that we might be in the right place. There wasn't a tower or any kind of security at this airfield so we parked next to thDodge Magnum and walked around the fence to the glass front side of the building that was facing the runway and I saw "Sean D. Tucker" in big letters next the name of the school on the glass and the hours of operation. The place was closed. However my Dad decided to see if anyone was there and the front door was open. We went into the front waiting area and the first thing one sees are the few hundred pictures and memorabilia on the walls, it was breathe taking to see a record of ones incredible life right in front of you. All kinds of autographed framed pictures including ones of Sean flying with other teams. There was a door in that main lobby open to the hanger and we could see and hear a few guys working on a Sunday morning. We didn't step into the hanger, we simply looked around from the waiting area with respect for their workspace. All the questions and things I would have liked to have talked to someone there about seemed to not matter once I was actually there. You could see some serious enthusiasts working on something that they love and we didn't want to impose. I did what I wanted to do and that was to stop by, check the place out, and get a vibe for the place. Mission accomplished. I even grabbed some information brochures and I will be in contact with the place in the future regarding aerobatics training.

King City is in the middle of two mountain ranges and provides for a movie like area to learn aerobatics.

It is one thing to check out the website and see Sean Tucker at an airshow and then it is another to go to the place where it all starts. You don't get to see that waiting area or if one wants to call it Sean's hall of fame or use your own eyes to cruise the inside of that hangar on the website. I definitely got a vibe and perspective on this hobby that has changed my perspective and the way I think.

Rotorblade