Flight Training donations

Aviation & Simulation Topics
eKim.

Flight Training donations

Post by eKim. » Mon May 01, 2006 1:37 pm

Hey guys!
As some of you may know, I am a 16 year old student pilot flying with about 60 hours of flight time. I fly out of (KDYL). I plan to have aviation as a career someday and fly for the United States Air Force. I am looking for some people to help sponsor and donate for my flight training. I will either use the money to pay for a flight lesson or use it to buy something that I will need in the future. I currently have a couple of people who are donating a few dollars, which anything would help. If you would like to donate or have any questions for me, my email is mikeman1000@juno.com . This is also my paypal account information as well. I also accept requests if somebody wants to donate and would like to receive something back from me, which is up to you. Thanks everybody and happy flying.

Sincerely,

Mike (eKim)
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Tue May 02, 2006 5:42 pm

Hahaha, i'm sorry but i also need the money! But a nice way to go buddy!
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Wed May 03, 2006 11:51 am

Speaking of flight training, I would like to go to this school. :)
http://www.poweraerobatics.com/saf/index.html

:shock:
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed May 03, 2006 1:20 pm

Rotorblade,

Are you a certified pilot IRL? I'm seriously thinking about taking time to go and do one of these courses, hopefully acquire the more contacts and networking (already have a few feet in a few doors) and go live the dream for real! The aerobatic pilot dream that is...

http://www.iac.org/begin/started.html
http://www.richstowell.com/howto.htm

eKim,

Good luck and don't lose sight of your ambition! I know how tough it can be to raise money to be able to fly for a living and only those who have the drive succeed. It's a tough business even after you find a way to support yourself doing it, but at the same time a rewarding job. People who do it for the money will be thoroughly disappointed, but people who do it cause they love every aspect of flying find it to be the best job in the world! Hang in there and don't lose sight of your dream...

With some flight time under your belt, do you currently have any ratings?

LD
Last edited by Lawndart on Wed May 03, 2006 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Wed May 03, 2006 2:09 pm

I am stopping by that school this weekend. I live in Minnesota but my Dad lives in valley in California.

I think that people need to reach for their dreams. I think that flying an aerobatic plane is a way to inspire people and the way that I would like to do that in life. I am not a pilot YET in real life but am setting myself up for it soon in life. I have no want to be a commercial pilot and have other priorities that will keep me away from being a pilot in the military.

I have done a lot of things in the past few years that most people don't get to do unless they are in the military or are rich, I am neither but I have worked hard and put myself in situations to meet people and to show that I am a hard worker and that I know my stuff and it has led me all across this country doing things for major companies and a branch of the federal government as a contractor.

With this experience it has given me a different perspective on life than I used to have. I have learned that a person can do what they want to do no matter the odds as long as they have a will strong as iron and have their poop in a group.

I have currently been in the IT industry for almost a decade and know that my heart is in aviation and always has been. Unfortately I have taken a lot of time to come to terms with how I was raised and what I should be doing and now I am more on track than ever.

Most things that happen to you are a choice, and one may not always realize the concequences or when those concequences come don't realize that they made a series of choices to get to where they are. Those concequences of course can be good or bad.

I can't wait to check this school out this weekend. I am not going to get going with anything any time soon, but I am doing my research. There are few great schools in and around the Fresno area. I am looking at being a pilot and or a mechanic.

RB
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed May 03, 2006 2:30 pm

Please post a thorough review of Sean Tucker's school when you get back! I'm getting more anxious every day to invest in some real aerobatic training and either later in '06 or '07 there's probably only one way to satisfy that desire and "get it out of my system" (i.e. in layman's terms, be hooked for life!).

LD
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Wed May 03, 2006 2:47 pm

I would love to get my own formation flying team together in real life with some small planes. It would be neat to do it in those Pitts planes. I found a pair of them, older ones, on line each for around $20,000. Now only if they seated two people. Would be neat to bring the wife with. :)

RB
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:41 am

I was just wondering if the air forces careers people sponsor you because back here in England the AFCO (armed forces careers office) will sponsor me £2000 to make sure i get the GCSE's to be a pilot.