Blues Incentive Ride: 20th April '06

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Blues Incentive Ride: 20th April '06

Post by Lawndart » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:08 am

I laughed so hard I was crying half-way through this video (40 minutes long). It's with Blue Angel #7 (Lt. Kevin Davis) and a radio reporter in the backseat before the airshow in Louisville, KY recently. 8)

A few times to check out closer if you want a stomach ache!!! 19:19 & 24:24! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aside from that, Lt. Davis is also talking shop and explaining a few callouts, parameters and more in between. Worth watching! :D

http://www.whas11.com/sharedcontent/Vid ... 2&catId=49

LD
[SH]Falcon

Post by [SH]Falcon » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:26 am

amazing! :mrgreen:

See us,
Falcon
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:57 pm

LOL, "I'm scared, I just dropped my gum..." what a wuss, I expected him to say he pissed his pants after the split-s. A wasted incentive ride.

"Sry, Kevin I don't think my brain can take any more" :roll:
Convertible

Post by Convertible » Fri Apr 28, 2006 2:35 pm

You should have heard Cinch laughing last night when we found this. LD and I were just rolling on the ground not only listening to him, but watching it our selves too. Pretty funny. :D :shock: :D

Convertible
Jonnyb

Post by Jonnyb » Fri Apr 28, 2006 4:25 pm

Man that guy was screwed after 6g's. He didnt drink before he flew did he?
Airshow fan

Post by Airshow fan » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:11 pm

I liked when Kevin had to do a knife edge to miss a bird during 22:14 of the video. :lol:

Airshow fan
Last edited by Airshow fan on Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Fri Apr 28, 2006 5:13 pm

LMAO! at the "I Just lost my gum" part!
Kato

Post by Kato » Fri Apr 28, 2006 7:23 pm

Just finished watching :D

Looks so easy from the ground! But combine fear, 6.5G's as a passenger, lack of fitness, and a terrible attempt at a Hook maneuver - you get lights out and wake up with the worst feeling of "Please stop the world, I want to get off"!

Ride of a lifetime, and all you want to do is get out! At least he didn't throw up!

Great find - thanks :)
Burner

Post by Burner » Fri Apr 28, 2006 8:39 pm

I think it would have been fine if he threw up, so long as he kept with it. The ride of a life time and he wants to get off b/c he's afraid. Fear of the situation is something he should have delt with personally b/f he got into the cockpit; the ride could have been given to a journalist with more courage.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Apr 28, 2006 9:31 pm

Just say you laughed your head-off too! :lol:
Kato

Post by Kato » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:31 pm

Burner wrote: Fear of the situation is something he should have delt with personally b/f he got into the cockpit; the ride could have been given to a journalist with more courage.
Well the first time I sat on an ejection seat, I have to say it makes you think! That's a lot of explosive you're sitting on - and he's sitting on one about half an hour after they finished telling him all the horror stories of what can go wrong, and why you need one - lol!

Pulling G's is fun after you get used to it, and if you are doing the piloting (no, I don't know how RIO's do it)! But after a G-loc, and seeing the world spin in ways which your eyes an inner ear have never experienced before, your fun meter can peg on zero real quick... as you saw in the video!

...and yes, I was laughing my butt off - hehe :D
Stryker

Post by Stryker » Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:10 am

What a wimp...wasted promo flight. Enjoyed hearing the radio callouts though.
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:39 am

I understand what kato is saying. That guy went from laughing his head off after a maximum performance climb, to clenching his teath so hard they might break on the split-s. I can see how it goes from the ride of a lifetime to the worst ride in the world REAL fast :lol: .
Airshow fan

Post by Airshow fan » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:09 am

HA HA!! I do agree he did not do the hook manuever and blacked out!

What a wimp! :lol:
Funky

Post by Funky » Mon May 01, 2006 3:13 am

dont they consider choking on that gum? :shock:

That video's funny as heck... and the guy's already a pilot, so I would assume he could handle 3 or even 4 Gs... heck, sustaining 3 Gs in a Cessna's not that hard after all... but the guy lost it even at 4 Gs!! (his third black out!) I dont see why they take such old and unexperienced people up there... they perhaps like to watch their skull bouncing around the canopy have them stare at their shoes afterwords !! :twisted:

In my opinion, if he'd thrown up, he would have felt much better, and therefore been able to continue with his ride... but I can only imagine the feeling the new riders get when they're strapped in a tight cockpit, with the big-ole helmet on and no O2 while feeling nausia... pretty nasty I assume!

Okay, now I'm not sure you guys have seen this one from Sept. 05, but if you haven't, its worth watching. This guy blacks out a couple of times, but he sure wants to keep going!!!

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/ ... lueangels/

Funky

PS, I did laugh my butt off LD :lol: !! And then I felt sad afterwords since the ride was waisted on that guy :( , but the guy in the link above definitely deserved it :wink: .