Announcing #7 (and tryout info)

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Announcing #7 (and tryout info)

Post by Lawndart » Sun Apr 24, 2005 5:04 am

I'd like to officially welcome our new #7 Operations Officer, Bon Jobie! As well as Cobra who's moving to #8 as Advance Pilot. Both of these guys have been with us for some time now and just to let everyone know who's interested in trying out, you caught us at a really bad time with the storm of interest in our team during the week everything seemed to happen all at once.

The release of 1.1, in the midst of updating our website and having the 8th pilot already lined up more or less might have misguided many of you to initially think we were looking just a new #8 since that was the spot announced open. Since, we now are 8 pilots on the team, we will host some tryouts in the near future for positions #9-12 and I encourage you to take it as seriously as you would any position! There should still be enough competition as it is for those spots and I can assure you it won't be a done deal after one tryout. As of right now there is no one who has yet flown or is in a better position for any of these spots, just to clarify that! Besides, we're always open for challenges for positions #1-8 as well if you think (and we concur) that you have what it takes. Our way of saying "if you don't think we're fair, you can prove us wrong!" :wink:

For the time being, post your interest in trying out in the Tryouts/Openings Thread (Sticky). I'd say sometime in May we'll start hosting tryouts, but just keep checking this forum for any updates!

Back to where we started. An official congrats (albeit belated) to Bon Jobie for filling a much needed position in which he's tailored made for and Cobra for being a good sport as well!

LawnDart
USAF_Soldier

Post by USAF_Soldier » Sun Apr 24, 2005 12:21 pm

Congratulations
lieutfunaki

Post by lieutfunaki » Sun Apr 24, 2005 10:04 pm

Huge props to both Bon Jobie and Cobra!!!!!!!!!
With a name like Smucker's, it has to be good.®

Athlon 64 3200+, 3 GB DDR 400, GeForce 7600GS 512MB, 21" monitor
Convertible
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Convertible » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:22 am

Congrats BonJobie. I know you have worked hard for it and are well deserving. "Right on into four.... There's four". Later.

Boozig
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:36 am

LOL! :lol: "Right on into Foooooouuuuoour (voice breaking)...... THERE"S FOUR!!!"

Bon (Ton) deserves every bit of #7. He knows the show better than anyone else I know and is definitely an invaluable asset to us! And of course his precision flying shouldn't be forgotten too!

LawnDart
Convertible
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Convertible » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:51 am

Agree. I sure have enjoyed the times I have flown with him. Sounds like a great fit... "Rolling left and Rolling... "

Boozig