Any news on the new video?

Aviation & Simulation Topics
airchief

Any news on the new video?

Post by airchief » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:31 pm

Is there any news/updates on the video. What is the forcasted release date?

AirChief 8)
Cinch
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Video Production

Post by Cinch » Mon Jan 23, 2006 9:43 pm

Video production: In Production
Video Forcast Release: TBA

Cinch
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:17 pm

LOL :lol:

Ain't that the truth. 8)

LD
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:58 am

rofl, hope I'm not "hi-jacking" this topic post but speaking of videos I was just watching the 1st movie and I LOVE the cool angles, esspesially the ones when the T-Bird screams past the camera, like the T/O one and the Split-S views in the bigenning, and I was wondering what artist and song that was? The first, and 05' trailer movies never get old, can't wait till the new one, keep up the good flyen.

PS: Worken on my own video, its a combination of games thats basically a promotion video of our teamspeak server. For now I'm using windows movie maker :? . I'll put it up when its finished.
lqcorsa

Post by lqcorsa » Tue Jan 24, 2006 7:02 am

LOL, nvm saw credits... :oops:
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:13 pm

lol can't u give us a percentage bar ??? , like 30 % ???
[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Jan 24, 2006 5:23 pm

Percentage bar:

0%|_____(somewhere between those two numbers)_____|100%

:wink:

LD
Burner
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Burner » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:11 pm

Lawndart wrote:Percentage bar:

0%|_____(somewhere between those two numbers)_____|100%

:wink:

LD
LOL I'll give a more concrete answer. We have a good amount of the footage in track form, we need to frap what we have and record another half-dozen maneuvers in practice.

Now can you sleep at night???

PS- If you've only watched our movie and not seen our trailer, be sure to check it out too as it is completely different.
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Tue Jan 24, 2006 6:35 pm

Oh okay, yah i watched them both. umm lol LD.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:46 pm

Basically, I hate giving a timeline when we just don't know for sure. All I can guarantee is that there are several projects in the works and the movie is one of high priority since no one wants to see this finished more than us! What I can tell you is that the new movie(s) will be of a completely different standard, not only the flying, but the entire production as well. You will understand soon enough as there are more changes coming up soon this winter/spring. I don't ask anyone to understand at this point, but trust me that we're not being lazy or not working on things. Soon enough, there will be new stuff...

LD
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Wed Jan 25, 2006 6:55 am

Yah i know, but it's good just to give a % or just a stat becouse it's like a new game, you don't wanna wait for it , or even know its existence untill a +- stat is given.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Jan 25, 2006 12:58 pm

There have been several setbacks along the way of making this movie. The person who originally set out to produce the movie is no longer with us and all the work that was done until that point in production was lost. There have also been changes to the team (that are yet to be announced) in the mean time which means that the level we now seek has improved tremendously, both in quality of flying, production and image quality to be used. Lastly, many of our members have been busy dealing with real life circumstances including hurricanes, new jobs, moving and more. Having said all that, we have roughly 85% of the footage, sound and pieces needed to go into the movie(s). However, production wise we're looking at around 10% competition. Although, as far as time to release, production and editing is faster than the gathering of material to put in a movie, so I'd say the project as a whole is more than halfway done. Hope that answers your question!

There will be other new changes in the near future before any movie is released and I think you will understand better what we refer to as "higher quality" aside from just the flying itself (which obviously is a lot better than our old movie and even the newer trailer from '05)! We are not at liberty to discuss any of these changes yet, so please don't ask until we make an official statement. I'm sure you'll all like what's in store for '06 though.

Lawndart
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Wed Jan 25, 2006 3:57 pm

Allrighty, thankx for the awnsers LD :)
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:25 am

Nice to hear about the tremendous increased level you guys talk about, i'm sure it will be the best virtual formation flight movie in history!
I'm also busy with making my first movie and it will be one for like 20 mins. I understand how much time it takes to make because i'm still training for my new displays and I even didn't have any tracks recorded for the movie. (and i'm busy with the plans for like a month already)
What i can say about my plans is that it will contain a formation flight display (Su-27) and a solo display (Mig-29) all flown by myself.(formation flight done with PhantomControl)
I will work with Adobe Premiere Pro to asure good quality editing.
I think this process will take at least 4 or 5 months to complete.
Greetz,
Frazer