VFAT Airshow

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Thumper
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

VFAT Airshow

Post by Thumper » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:48 am

Just wondering if any VTB or forum members will be spectating or listening in on the VFAT shows on Friday and Saturday. It ought to be pretty good, VBA will be flying as well as IAT, VPG White Ravens, RAF Virtual Swifts, even an A-10 demo team and some solo acts according to the show listing.

I know I'm looking forward to it...
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:35 pm

The Virtual Thunderbirds will not attend as a team, but individually some pilots may stop by and listen in on comms. We're mostly interested in finding out what kind of problems everyone is experiencing (lag, warping and stutter) as we're in the process of acquiring a dedicated server solution ourselves.

While we won't be participating in the VFAT, we'd like to wish all teams involved good luck and we hope it turns out to be a good show!!!

Here are some screenshots taken by a spectator during the rehearsal 11/12/05.

To everyone disappointed in that the Virtual Thunderbirds are a no show, cont. checking back. We certainly applaud the teams and audience either performing or spectating at the VFAT; however, we feel it would not benefit neither us or you for us to attend at this time. We'll be back with jaw-dropping, awe-inspiring performances when we're ready and able to host, you'll understand when you see it! :wink:
Thumper

VFAT Airshow

Post by Thumper » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:34 pm

Hey LD,

From what I understand from trading posts with 59th_Reaper, lag was a bit of an issue. VBA joined the server during his practice session and his screen kind of froze up on him. He said that he was getting a max of 5 fps during his practice.

For those that are interested here is a link to the practice tracks that was posted on lockon.ru.

http://www.repulonap.hu/redhunters/t...kek/Tracks.rar

You will also need Kato's mod and 1.11 patch to view tracks properly.

Link to Kato's mod on JaBoG32 site:

http://www.virtual-jabog32.de/index.php ... etfile=305

They are worth watching and i think that you can see the lag that everyone was dealing with. Still, I think the show will be excellent, and I am glad to see so many performing. As I have said in several posts and on several forums, thanks to JaBoG32 for hosting and to VBA_Kato for putting together the awesome mod for all the teams and spectators.
Thumper

Post by Thumper » Tue Nov 15, 2005 3:42 pm

LawnDart wrote: To everyone disappointed in that the Virtual Thunderbirds are a no show, cont. checking back. We certainly applaud the teams and audience either performing or spectating at the VFAT; however, we feel it would not benefit neither us or you for us to attend at this time. We'll be back with jaw-dropping, awe-inspiring performances when we're ready and able to host, you'll understand when you see it! :wink:
Quick side note and a bit of praise. As a testimonial to the quality of your performances, it was the VTB videos that inspired me to get back into flight simming after almost ten years. I literally purchased LOMAC gold the day after I saw your vids. That was about three to four weeks ago, since then I have put a Radeon X850 Pro graphics card in my machine, just purchased rudder pedals off ebay, and will be getting a HOTAS Cougar in about a month. You guys are definitely awe-inspiring. I am dropping mad cash and flying with AI every chance I get in hopes of building my skills so I can try out with you someday.
BonJobie

Post by BonJobie » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:11 pm

Thumper, we love to hear from great people such as you and we appreciate the enthusiasm you have for what we are doing. As LD said so eloquently, we are grateful for the invitations that we have received. Nevertheless we want our followers to understand that we are doing what we do on terms that will give you, and many others around the world, the absolute BEST product we can offer. It's like waiting for a blockbuster movie to come out and it gets slipped back a few months due to some production change (which in the long-run makes the movie even better!) That's where we are at. We are still head long into our training season and we are flying several times a week with some nights flying 2 or 3 sorties with a full show practice thrown in for good measure. The dedication of the Virtual Thunderbirds impresses me each and every day. . .and I am the Boss!! Keep up the great work and again, we appreciate your patience and support.

Regards,

Bon
Thumper

Post by Thumper » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:35 pm

Bon,

No worries about the wait on the new video....I'll just keep drooling(figuratively) over the first two