Virtual Thunderbirds Visit Real Team at Nellis

Aviation & Simulation Topics
BonJobie
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Virtual Thunderbirds Visit Real Team at Nellis

Post by BonJobie » Tue Sep 27, 2005 10:38 pm

Just to let all of you know your Virtual Thunderbirds just finished a 2 day trip to the home of the USAF Thunderbirds, Nellis AFB in Las Vegas, Nevada. We visited the squadron and got a "behind-the-scenes" tour from team members. On the evening preceding our squadron visit we had a 3 hour one on one meeting with a former #2 Left Wing. Literally hundreds of pictures were taken, most by our worthy #12 PAO, Cinch and these will be posted sometime in the near future. We will definitely give you a heads-up when they are ready for your viewing pleasure. It is my opinion that I have the great privilege to fly with the best virtual formation team in the world. In case anyone had doubts about the ability and potential of this team. . . enough said.

Best Regards,

Bon
Last edited by BonJobie on Wed Sep 28, 2005 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Convertible

Post by Convertible » Wed Sep 28, 2005 1:56 am

I second that. What an honor it was to be recognized as a team and to spend as much time as we did with #2. What a great learning experience that was. You guys rock!!!! Enjoyed it Boss.

Convertible
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:19 pm

Great experience! Meeting everyone was awesome and to our guide from PA, former #2 and the Thunderbirds (whomever may be surfing our forums!), I'd like to thank them for their time and having us come visit! It was a truly a great honor and privilege to be there! Enjoyed it!

LD
STRIKER

Post by STRIKER » Thu Sep 29, 2005 2:52 pm

Absolutely amazing trip! It was an all around great experience to go to the Thunderbirds home and one I will never forget. They are truely an amazing team!

6 out,
TBT_Piper

Post by TBT_Piper » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:26 pm

Sounds like uber fun.
Toast

Post by Toast » Thu Sep 29, 2005 7:54 pm

Had a great time folks, very glad to have gone, what an experience! Thanks to Bon for making this possible and to Animal for enduring the questions and giving us such a fantastic insight into what it takes to fly on the team. Also thanks to Cinch and Bon for driving us all over creation, McCarren is certainly no longer a mystery! :wink: Can't wait to meet y'all again, whenever that may be!
Sinister

Post by Sinister » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:24 pm

Yeah this was alot of fun.. Really glad to have met you guys. Had a Blast. Sorry I didnt get to meet up with Bon and Convertible on the first day.

Cant wait to see the pictures and the video from the BigShot

Hope you all had fun.. I know the Kart Racing was a downer.. but nextime we will setup in advance... but for now I am gonna work on my DOUBLE BARREL ROLL to a Left Handed Tail Slide at 200ft off the deck to get behind my enemy that is 50ft infront of me... LOL
Rock

Post by Rock » Tue Oct 18, 2005 7:13 pm

I have just had the pleasure of looking at all the terrific photos of the Virtual ThunderBirds while on their trip to Nellis Airforce Base. They are now posted in the libary section of the VTB's home page and definately worth a look.

Just wanted to say great job guys and congrats again as you can tell from that pictures that it must have been an incredible trip!

Also, way to go #12! You're photography skills are excellent!
airchief

Post by airchief » Tue Oct 18, 2005 8:13 pm

all I can say is WWWOOOOOOOWWWW :shock: :D

I am sooo jelous. That would have been ausome. To bad you guys didn't get to rid with the Tbirds. :cry: And fly some formation. But the Tbirds probablly don't have the time.

Great Pics, wish I was there!! :twisted: :lol:
Sierra

Once in a lifetime

Post by Sierra » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:08 am

Kudos to you guys, you've come a long way in a short period of time, you're doing some amazing things, both in the air and on the ground, the time and efforts really paying off for you guys, next thing will be a backseat ride... and some cockpit vids of it... website is great, good job Cinch... clear skies guys.
Sierra
Virtual Pilot