very nice job

Aviation & Simulation Topics
scadesboise

very nice job

Post by scadesboise » Mon Apr 11, 2005 12:53 pm

Hi.

Just had to post a quick note that I was very impressed with your guys' video and work. I know how hard it is to do formation flying in Flight Simulator, it's not easy and many times it just simply doesn't work right. That being said you guys pulled it off very well, it's of course not perfect but for the medium we're using - that was excellent.

Although, I have to say (though I laugh about it a little) that your blooper reel freaked me out JUST A LITTLE (that is until I figured out just what it was). Actually, in the movie, the number 6 jet does a split S after take off, that freaked me out too. See, I was in Mountain Home, ID two years ago when that plane went down on that same maneuver. Eerie and scary moment for me, my 2nd air show crash I've ever witnessed. Hopefully my last. I'm just a little nervous for this September when they come back.

I still plan on going into the Air Force or Navy and maybe one day getting the chance to wear a Blue (or T-bird) flight suit.

Well, that's all I have to say. Keep up the awesome work.
James McDonald
Seattle Cascades
Future Tactical Aviator
TBT_Piper

Post by TBT_Piper » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:02 pm

That is your second airshow crash? I know if I was flying in an airshow and knew you were there I would want to call in sick ;) Just kidding of course, What other airshow crash did you witness?
scadesboise

Post by scadesboise » Mon Apr 11, 2005 5:28 pm

Hahahahaha

When I was young, I always went to the El Toro MCAS Air Show. Blue Angel territory. There was a team of a F-86 Sabre and Mig (Korean era) that flew together. For this show, the Mig was sick, so the Sabre flew solo, and he tried a dumb maneuver of pulling a full loop straight out of takeoff. He didn't make it - his tail caught and that was that. The rest of the airshow went on after the crew cleaned up.
James McDonald
Seattle Cascades
Future Tactical Aviator