In Respect for VTB

Aviation & Simulation Topics
STRIKER
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by STRIKER » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:30 pm

Unless I hear about a whole new engine and simulator instead of a still crappy looking world of Falcon 4 (comparably speaking...this isn't 1998 anymore)...LET IT DIE!
DarkGable62

Re: In Respect for VTB

Post by DarkGable62 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:43 pm

Air_Wolf wrote:Hey,

Over at BMS forums someone brought up the idea of creating a BMS Thunderbirds. I suggested it was not a good idea since of the current VTB ...and suggested this person to get permission first...I also along with -wizard- explained out of respect he should form another team or at least join here.

Here is the link:
http://www.benchmarksims.org/forum/show ... underbirds

Cheers...
The following message was sent to Air_Wolf on the BMS forum and I just wanted to post it here to make sure he understands my position on this matter. I hope that this fiasco will be over after this, but I doubt that it will. Here's the post:

It's really sad that this subject has to be brought up again, but I feel compelled to do so after reading a post on The Virtual Thunderbirds forum. The idea of a BMS Tbirds team was mentioned here by me. It was met with some strong resistance and some support. Air_Wolf started this topic again at the VTB forum. I just have one question. What were you trying to accomplish? Was it an attempt to cause confusion and hostility or were you trying to soil my name? I apologize in advance to everyone who might take offense to what I'm about to say but in my opinion you are no better than a little snitch. That was a real P.B. thing that you did and the P.B. are not initials for peanut butter. The matter was settled but no you had to go to another forum with it. Anything that I do I give it 100% or I don't do it at all. I didn't get where I'am in my life by half-stepping or being a get by. If I decide to go through with this it will be my choice and mine alone and whomever doesn't like it. OH FRACKING WELL! I'm a black man who served this great nation for 16 years. Eight as an enlisted man & eight as an officer. But under all the education (Two B.S. degrees one in Aviation & one in Information Systems Security, and a Masters in the same field), the military training, the values,morals, and ethics that my parents taught me. Beats the heart and soul of a straight up thug. Who really doesn't appreciate your actions. I'm going to give you some advice, stop snitching. The next person may not be as civilized as I. Transmission Ends.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:56 pm

Wow...... :shock:

I'm speechless.
DarkGable62

Post by DarkGable62 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Lawndart wrote:Wow...... :shock:

I'm speechless.
No disrespect to you Lawndart. I've said it before and I'll say it again. I respect you and the awesome things you guys do. I hope to one day meet you.
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:19 pm

Anyone else confused? I'm lost here... :shock:
DarkGable62

Post by DarkGable62 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:22 pm

Beaker wrote:Anyone else confused? I'm lost here... :shock:
It's a long story Beaker. You'd have to go to the BMS website to get up to speed. Look for a posting called BMS Thunderbirds. That's where this should have stayed.
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Wow. I read it. Looks like a lot of assumptions made, and we all know what those do. :?
DarkGable62

Post by DarkGable62 » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Beaker wrote:Wow. I read it. Looks like a lot of assumptions made, and we all know what those do. :?
Sadly yes, a lot of assumptions. It's to the point that I don't want to go any further with the idea. Way too much drama. I hate drama.
Air_Wolf

Post by Air_Wolf » Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:39 pm

DarkGable62 wrote:
Beaker wrote:Wow. I read it. Looks like a lot of assumptions made, and we all know what those do. :?
Sadly yes, a lot of assumptions. It's to the point that I don't want to go any further with the idea. Way too much drama. I hate drama.
Yes the assumption was on your part. All I did is point out about respect of the current Virtual Team...and you blew it all out of whack...

And as you said I was "snitching", boy you're wrong as usual...and as usual you failed to mention that I was not the only one pointing out the "respect" scenario to you at BMS forums...

So, whatever "Bud"...
Wizard wrote:It's a matter of respect.

There's only one Thunderbirds team, and there's only one Virtual Thunderbirds.

If you've got the skills and dedication required, then apply to the VTB. If you don't, then don't go make a half-assed VSTB (Virtual Sh***y Thunderbirds).

Respect what other people do, and amazingly, people might just respect you back.
And as you said "Eight Years as an Officer..." well then you should know about respect "Right". As an Officer you demand it from your men...right!

An officer, but not a gentleman...
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Oct 08, 2011 9:13 pm

Work out your personal issues via PM, thanks.

Thread locked.