Recording tracks or something of such?

Aviation & Simulation Topics
EagleReid

Recording tracks or something of such?

Post by EagleReid » Sun May 29, 2011 6:27 pm

This is in regards to Lock On Flaming Cliffs 2.

Hello,

First off, thank you for answering yet another one of my questions. You are being very helpful to me and it is most appreciated!

Question:
Virtual Demonstration Squadrons, generally, have a difficult time noting their progress if they are flying. If you have a 6-ship demo, or even a 4-ship demo, it is, again, hard to monitor progress. Is it possible, in Lock On Flaming Cliffs 2, to record your track while you and your team is flying live and then re-run it to see what areas of improvement are necessary?
If you would like me to articulate more, please do not hesitate to inform me.

Thanks!!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun May 29, 2011 7:04 pm

Yes (of course).

FC2 saves your tracks automatically.

They're labelled "client" .trk in your temp folder whenever you connect to a host, and for the server it saves the track wherever the mission file is (usually your missions folder) under the same filename as the mission.

P.S. It's not hard at all monitoring progress (only time consuming). I only wish there'd be a rewind button.
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Sun May 29, 2011 8:23 pm

Lawndart wrote:I only wish there'd be a rewind button.
Leave it to ED to make sure there's a slo-mo feature, but not rewind. :mrgreen:
EagleReid

Post by EagleReid » Sun May 29, 2011 9:18 pm

Thanks! So, I do not have to push record track for the track to save. I can just open it and I will see the demo flying, including myself? Additionally, since there is not a rewind button, I assume if I wanted to see something again, I'd have to start over on the track?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun May 29, 2011 9:26 pm

It always saves a track (unlike FC1).

You can playback any .trk file using the playback control keys such as play, pause, fast forward, slo-mo and use the available view controls in the sim to set up camera location, reference points. (You're limited to your own cockpit view, but external views work on all objects). Reference the key commands and manual in your docs folder for more info.
EagleReid

Post by EagleReid » Sun May 29, 2011 9:35 pm

Lawndart wrote:It always saves a track (unlike FC1).

You can playback any .trk file using the playback control keys such as play, pause, fast forward, slo-mo and use the available view controls in the sim to set up camera location, reference points. (You're limited to your own cockpit view, but external views work on all objects). Reference the key commands and manual in your docs folder for more info.
Thanks, Lawndart! I'll be sure to make use of it. Hmm, with limited objects at the base, maybe we can incorporate an eighteen wheeler at show center and view it that way, eh? ;)
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sun May 29, 2011 9:49 pm

EagleReid wrote:Hmm, with limited objects at the base, maybe we can incorporate an eighteen wheeler at show center and view it that way, eh? ;)

Screenshots are from our Facebook page.
EagleReid

Post by EagleReid » Sun May 29, 2011 10:37 pm

Talk about Fancy Decoration. Nice job! Thanks for the advice!