Franklin's Flying Circus [Update]

Aviation & Simulation Topics
EagleReid

Franklin's Flying Circus [Update]

Post by EagleReid » Fri May 27, 2011 12:59 am

I do not know if any of you have been following the updates on Amanda and Kyle Franklin. Amanda's reports have been fluctuating and I read an update that Kyle posted today that I could, almost, not finish. It is ideal that you keep Amanda Franklin in your prayers.

For those who did not see the update:
Amanda had a really hard day. During dressing change this morning she started bleeding really bad and they had a hard time stoping it. Her body has gotten to the point that if you touch her or even look at her wrong she starts bleeding and her blood is not coagulating. Her wounds today looked more infected then the last three days and the antibiotics don't seem to be doing much. Her kidneys have almost completely shut down, her liver is starting to fail and she looks like she was still in a lot of pain. The doctors believe she wouldn't make it another two weeks in time for the EpiCels much less the procedure and I have to agree after seeing her wounds. So, I made the hardest decision of my life today and put her on Comfort Care. They have taken her off most everything with the exception of the ventilator, sedation meds and pain meds. They placed her in a more comfortable position and are doing everything to make her as comfortable as possible.

I believe at this point this is what she would want me to do. I also believe if she did pull through at this point she would kill me for it, a month ago I would have said otherwise. This is a decision I never in my life would have thought I would have to make nor ever wanted too. But, I don't want her to go through another four weeks of hell when we know it will do no good. We do not have a time table on things, most likely a day or two. I will continue to keep you all updated.

Know that she is not alone her mom, brother and his wife, my mother, myself and all of you in spirit are here with her. I feel Amanda will be very happy to see her dad, my dad and of corse Jackson again. But the hardest thing is she's leaving us all behind, till another day.

Amanda my love, I love you with all my heart, soul and everything I am. Our life together here was supposed to be seventy years not seven, but I look forward to seeing you in my dreams every night my love.

Thank you all for your love, support and help through all this.

Goodnight and God bless,

Kyle
Teej
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Teej » Fri May 27, 2011 1:51 am

[back in the day, esp. on Frugal's World, a post with just a . in it signified a moment of silence/prayer/reflection/respect as you see fit.]
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Fri May 27, 2011 9:09 am

S!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri May 27, 2011 9:27 am

Via Facebook:
Rob Reider wrote:To my air show friends and the fans of Amanda & Kyle Franklin: We have received word via a text message just after 8:00AM EDT that Amanda has been taken off life support. Please pray for God's peace that passes all understanding and comfort for the Franklin and Younkin families.
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Fri May 27, 2011 11:31 am

Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Fri May 27, 2011 12:44 pm

S!
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Fri May 27, 2011 12:54 pm

S!
Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.
Convertible
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Convertible » Fri May 27, 2011 2:14 pm

S!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat May 28, 2011 1:16 am

I've been reading Kyle's updates on Amanda religiously for each of the 76 days that have passed since the tragic accident occurred. There's not much words can say, so here's my moment of silence.

My thoughts and prayers, especially for Kyle, the most loving and caring husband.

R.I.P. Amanda!
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sat May 28, 2011 2:24 am

Godspeed Amanda, thanks for all the memories.
Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.
EagleReid

Post by EagleReid » Sat May 28, 2011 2:25 am

Today's news was news that any individual would not have liked to have seen. My prayers are with the Franklin family. At least, now, Amanda Franklin's suffering is over. She will still be wing-walking, but in our dreams and in the shining stars above.

RIP Amanda Franklin 5/27/2011
You will be missed...
Velo

Post by Velo » Sat May 28, 2011 2:30 am

Kyle and Amanda's performance is one that I have always enjoyed. They will be truly missed in the aviation community. Amanda seemed like the absolute perfect wife, wing-walker, and friend. She will be missed.

In my prayers.
Sawamura

Post by Sawamura » Sat May 28, 2011 11:56 am