Virtual Red Arrows Announce Sponsorship

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Ells

Post by Ells » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:37 am

London, UK, April 14th 2011 – The Virtual Red Arrows announce sponsorship for FSC Weston Event

The Virtual Red Arrows are pleased to announce that the team will be sponsored by Thrustmaster® for the FSC Weston event being hosted in Weston super Mare in the UK on the 13/14/15th May 2011.

Two pilots, RED5 Melanie Warn and RED8 Chris Ellis, will be flying live at the event in front of expected public crowds of 1000+ per day on the Saturday and Sunday and the Press day on the Friday.
Along with seven other pilots connected via the Internet they will be flying their exhilarating 2011 virtual aerobatic display routine replicating the Royal Air Force Red Arrows 2008 display routine using the LockOn Flaming Cliffs 2 flight simulator.

The live display will start at 13:00 BST (British Summer Time), 14:00 CET (Central European Time) and can be seen on large screens displayed around the event location.
The display will also be streamed live via a High Definition video streaming web page provided by Thrustmaster® at http://www.livestream.com/vralive

The team will be flying at the event using the latest flight simulator technology from Thrustmaster®, the HOTAS WARTHOG TM a U.S. Air Force A-10C attack aircraft HOTAS™ (Hands On Throttle And Stick) replica joystick.

Notes to editors
About The Virtual Red Arrows:
The team was founded in 2005 and set out to replicate the Royal Air Force Red Arrows display routines using flight simulation software and hardware technology.
The team have displayed live at numerous events around the world via live video web broadcasts.

For more information, go here: http://www.virtualredarrows.com

About Thrustmaster®:
Guillemot Corporation is a designer and manufacturer of interactive entertainment hardware and accessories for PC and game consoles, offering a wide range of diversified products under the brand name Thrustmaster® for PC and console accessories. Active in this market since 1984, the Guillemot Corporation Group is currently present in 10 countries including Germany, France, the UK, the United States, Canada and Italy, and distributes its products across more than twenty countries worldwide. The Group's mission is to provide innovative, high-quality products which increase the performance and fun experienced by gamers and music lovers.

HOTAS WARTHOG TM details here: http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.asp ... atformID=5

About FSC Weston:
The FSC Weston (Flight Simulator Convention) event is held at the Weston Super Mare helicopter museum in the UK. It is a non profit show and every single penny that is raised from the public and exhibitors is donated to charity.
The event runs for three days, 13th May press day and the 14th and 15th May are public days.

For more information, go here: http://www.fscweston.co.uk/

Last edited by Ells on Thu Apr 14, 2011 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:54 am

Let's hope it matures into a full-fledged sponsorship after the event. ;)
Ells

Post by Ells » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:27 pm

Thanks LD!
Whack
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Whack » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:54 am

Congrats Ells!

Great opportunity. Make the most of it!
Ells

Post by Ells » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:55 am

Cheers Whack, we're really looking forward to the event.

For me, part of our job is the flying and entertainment and the other part is doing the PR side of things.
This is a great opportunity to meat members of the public, hopefully all 2000+ of them, that are interested in flying and promte what we do in the virtual aerobatic community and you never know, maybe inspire some kids that want to be pilots when they grow up.

We'll be taking lots of pictures and I will likely LiveStream from my laptop webcam at the event onto the channel prior to us going up.

Once again I'd like to thank the VTB team for inspiring me to get us to where we are today and for the support that you've given the team.

Now quit chatting and get back up in the air for practice to make us proud :wink:

Cheers,
Ells.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Ells wrote:...maybe inspire some kids that want to be pilots when they grow up.
Gawd, save us... tell them to go get a profession that actually pays your bills. I'd totally go be a gamer/game designer today if I had to start over (seeing as the gaming industry makes more money than Hollywood these days), but flying is in my blood. It's a curse...
Ells wrote:Now quit chatting and get back up in the air for practice to make us proud :wink:
Yessir! Right away Sir! 8)
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Phantoms Phorever!
Ells

Post by Ells » Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:44 pm

Lawndart wrote:Gawd, save us... tell them to go get a profession that actually pays your bills. I'd totally go be a gamer/game designer today if I had to start over (seeing as the gaming industry makes more money than Hollywood these days), but flying is in my blood. It's a curse...
Haha, yeah I totally agree on the game designer bit, learn how to code and 3D model and you're set.
Hmmm, wait a minute I can do both and ended up in health & safety after 13 years in IT project management.
But then I'm working on an Olympic project in my country that I will never see in my lifetime again and it's all worth it.
Plus I get to fly more, virtually that is of course.

Thanks Rhino!
Cobra
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Cobra » Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:47 pm

Well done V-Reds!

Great reward for your professional approach!
Ells

Post by Ells » Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:13 pm

Thanks Cobra, a lot of hard work paid off in the end and hopefully more to come (not hard work of course, I need a vacation after this event, hehe).