DCS: A-10C Airshow Display

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Ells

DCS: A-10C Airshow Display

Post by Ells » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:34 pm

I thought I'd show her off for you all.

http://www.livestream.com/veaotyphoon/v ... m=ui-thumb

I'm downloading the mp4 track now and will upload to my server and update the link in this thread.

Edit >> MP4 Version here: www.veao.eu/dcs_a10/VEAO_Ells_DCS-A10_Airshow.mp4

I'll also make an HD version tomorrow (well, later today).

Enjoy,
Ells
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:11 pm

Oddly, I had the same idea today! :D Frame rates looked low, were you having trouble with the sim, or Procaster? (I know that Bloom/HDR effect can really hurt the FPS, for one thing.)

Not the best optimized beta, but I hope that will change with the final version!
Razgriz

Post by Razgriz » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Was waiting for someone to do this. I'm hoping at VFAT there will be an A-10C tac demo.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:34 pm

I'm sure there will be several A-10C demos coming soon! :wink: :wink:
Ells

Post by Ells » Thu Oct 07, 2010 10:35 pm

Beaker wrote:Oddly, I had the same idea today! :D Frame rates looked low, were you having trouble with the sim, or Procaster? (I know that Bloom/HDR effect can really hurt the FPS, for one thing.)

Not the best optimized beta, but I hope that will change with the final version!
Hey Beaker,
Big problems with Procaster it seems as sometimes it goes green for a split second also and goes fuzzy when close up taking off and landing.

Frame rates in sim are pretty decent with most things maxed out - good enough to make an HD video at least without being stuttery.

This was my first trial with Procaster and A-10 and so far not too bad. Of course for something like VFAT it would be dialled down slightly anyway in Sim, i.e. not running at 1920x1200 for a start.

Fraps also has some issues, like won't work at all on 64 bit version, and works sometimes on 32 bit (I think it gets tired LOL)

I was just sitting here contemplamting going to bed after VRA practice earlier, yesterday evening now in fact LOL, and said to the guys I'd show them what A-10 looks and fly's like so quickly did a few manouevers I do in Gypo. In fact the timing is good enough for VFAT but with entries closed, we'll see what the team will let slip through.

Anywho feel free to put another show together, I'm sure you can throw her around way more than I just did.

I'm off to bed so nite to all.

Cheers,
Chris