VTB practice sit in

Aviation & Simulation Topics
rotorhed015

VTB practice sit in

Post by rotorhed015 » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:58 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen,
First of all, hello to y'all. My name is Brad Moreland. I'm a real world Oregon National Guard helicopter pilot. Also, I am an instructor pilot for www.hovercontrol.com
The reason of joining was because I saw some YouTube videos and just thought you guys were incredible!
Also, I am starting a helo demo team with Hovercontrol. The main purpose is to produce some videos and get hovercontol's name out there, as well as demonstrate the great ability helos do have.
I was wondering if I would be welcome to sit in during a practice and listen to your comms and procedures for practicing.
If I am not welcome, I completly understand. Thanks to all.
See ya in the Blue! :D
Brad Moreland
www.hovercontrol.com Instructor Pilot.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:03 pm

Welcome Brad!

I'd happily invite you to pick our brains and listen in to a few practice sorties, but the demo team is inactive at the moment. We all have real world responsibilites, my own story lately being training on a different equipment type. (I'm currently flying a CRJ 900 under the US Airways banner). Everyone has their own horror story for why they've been insanely busy this year... Whether it's induced by the economy, working three jobs, or getting run over by delivery trucks while out biking, we've all been kicked in the teeth one way or another.

Given that we simply haven't been able to find time to fly together (did I mention this sort of thing takes copious amounts of time), we've spent countless hours working closely with our sponsor company, Thrustmaster, and already attended one tradeshow (E3) and made plans for the upcoming year and release of the new HOTAS Warthog flight controller. While we haven't had time to do much online flying or release any new videos, we anticipate that will change and at that time you're more than welcome to stop by and meet the gang.

In the meantime, feel free to browse our forums, ask questions and meet more likeminded people. Being a rotorhead, ;), have you tried your hand at DCS: Black Shark yet?
Ells

Post by Ells » Sat Oct 02, 2010 5:10 am

Hey Brad,

Please feel free to come and listen to the Virtual Red Arrows practice sessions. Our sessions are open to everyone to come and listen to (and watch if you have Flaming Cliffs 2) and we have a few people doing that already.

Our practice sessions are Tuesday, Thursday and Sunday evenings at 19:45 Central European Time - CET

Our TeamSpeak details are on our home page (right hand side):
www.virtualredarrows.com

Tuesday is part 1 of our show (approx 30+ minutes startup to shutdown)
Thursday is parts 2 and 3 of our show (approx 45 mins startup to shutdown)
Sunday is the full show (approx 1 hour startup to shutdown)

Feel free to contact me any time on ells@virtualredarrows.com or MSN Messenger: ells228@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Chris
(VRA PR Manager and RED8 in training)
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:19 am

Not gonna lie, this is a serious thread-jack... :|
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:30 am

Beaker wrote:Not gonna lie, this is a serious thread-jack... :|
A-to-the-men
Phantoms Phorever!
STRIKER
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by STRIKER » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:18 pm

For Shizzle!
SilentEagle

Post by SilentEagle » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:21 am

Since what he asked for was not an option, Ells offered an alternative. I don't see a thread jack here, but I see where you are coming from.
Ells

Post by Ells » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:13 am

Yeah exactly guys, as the VTB couldn't offer him (for now) the chance to sit in on a practice, I thought I'd help out rather than saying "hey dood, can't do it right now so go away"

We have openly invited anyone to sit in on our practices so they can learn.

What's happened to our team community spirit here, have we suddenly closed ranks or something?

Geez guys lighten up, I was trying to help :wink:

Or are you pissed that I got in there before the VBA...I'm JOKING before you take that too seriously too.
You know I have the utmost respect for your teams and if you have gotton to know me over the past 5 years I've been in the VRA you know I always help out other people or teams.

My sincere apologies if I offended anyone, not my intention.
Redeye
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Redeye » Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:43 pm

Well, we would never tell someone interested to just go away.

Ells posted after we couldn't accomodate the request. I don't see this as a highjacked thread but rather a member of our community helping rotorhed015.
Ells

Post by Ells » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:02 pm

Of course not Redeye, that was my point, in that we should always help out wherever we can and no matter what team it is.
We are one big happy family after all, LOL
Tailhook

Post by Tailhook » Thu Oct 07, 2010 11:01 pm

Lawndart wrote:...or getting run over by delivery trucks while out biking, ...
LMAO... oh, Whack probably isn't going to hear the end of that.