STRIKER went down last night :(

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Fri May 07, 2010 6:35 pm

Great! :D
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Fri May 07, 2010 7:34 pm

Had a chance to talk to him on Facebook for about 2 minutes. He can only type one handed but just knowing it was really him on the other end meant all the world.
Phantoms Phorever!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri May 07, 2010 7:41 pm

Bo#4 wrote:I talked to Striker today and he sounded good, a little slow and slery but very coherent. He wanted me to THANK ALL OF YOU for praying and support for him through this. And just like Striker, first thing he says to me, "I won't be flying with you guys for a while", LOL. He still has a long road to recovery but it really made my day to talk to him. I didn't talk to him as long as I wanted cause he gets tired and winded a bit after a short time. It sure was the same Striker that I remembered and it was a heart felt conversation...

Again thanks to everyone for all the prayers and his family is going to get a laptop to him with in the next couple weeks or so. I'll try to keep you updated until he's in here posting himself...
Rhino wrote:Had a chance to talk to him on Facebook for about 2 minutes. He can only type one handed but just knowing it was really him on the other end meant all the world.
Thanks for the updates Bow and Rhino. I hope he gets a chance to read all the comments posted here and on his Facebook page soon, and even though they may be numbered, I'm sure most friends are like myself and check-in daily for any news posted by Alisha. He's never more than a quick thought away and I hope he gets to read about our support first hand soon enough.

Striker, we'll be here for you anytime and anyway you need us. We know the road ahead might be long and daunting, but know that we'll stand by you. Keep your spirits high and man is it ever good to hear that you're still the same ol' guy who personified the .

~S!
STRIKER
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by STRIKER » Fri May 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Everyone,

Thank you so much for your amazing support! I'm doing well here and getting better each day. I'm so very thankful to have all of you in the community supporting me. I'm now online here with my iPad and look forward to seeing you on here.
Teej
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Teej » Fri May 28, 2010 7:08 pm

Glad to hear it, man!
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri May 28, 2010 7:36 pm

Welcome back Striker,

It's good to hear from you! Rockin' that iPad... :P
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Fri May 28, 2010 8:49 pm

Great to hear from you Bud! I know you have a tough road ahead - stay in touch when you can. Krista sends her love as well. :D
Cobra

Post by Cobra » Fri May 28, 2010 8:55 pm

Hey m8, great to see you back on the forum! You had us worried Sh****ss!

I was watching an episode of the "Daily Show" last night and they had a guy on who has written a book about the development of the Osprey and he mentioned your crash. Looks like an interesting book though.

Anyway, get better and keep us up to date with how you are going? Take it easy and let nature do the healing. We are all here for you.

Mike
Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Ray » Fri May 28, 2010 9:19 pm

Great to hear from you Striker! Welcome back 8)
Grab

Post by Grab » Fri May 28, 2010 9:42 pm

Great to hear from you, glad you are doing better!
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Fri May 28, 2010 11:42 pm

Striker, dude, it is so good to see you around! Can't wait to get a chance to talk with you.
Convertible

Post by Convertible » Sat May 29, 2010 12:46 am

Welcome back Striker. Glad to see you are getting better. We're all still praying for you bud.
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Sat May 29, 2010 2:46 am

Great to hear from you Striker! Good to hear you are getting better, wish you strength for a full recovery!
Skyhawk

Post by Skyhawk » Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:33 am

Oh my God, Striker, you're back! I was so shocked when I heard the news...I just could not believe it! I'm so relieved to hear that you're ok. I hope you're not thinking of going back! I hope you'll manage to recover from this horrible experience, I know it will be like a scar on your life but do your best!

The Virtual Horsemen salute you! :D
STRIKER

Post by STRIKER » Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:02 am

Thanks Skyhawk and everyone else again. I have a long road ahead of me and I'm focusing on just getting better right now although I still do want to get back in the fight with my brothers wherever they might be. I guess that's just how we all are in the spec ops world, and yes LD...I'm so rocking this 64GB 3G iPad!