STRIKER went down last night :(

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Tubs

Post by Tubs » Sat May 01, 2010 11:19 pm

Good luck bud, hope you're doing alright!
Sinister

Post by Sinister » Sun May 02, 2010 2:29 pm

UPDATE
Alisha Curtis on Facebook wrote:His pelvis surgery went well and he will most likely need a hip replacement later on in the future. Today they were able to put a back brace on and sit him in a chair!! :)

Thu at 5:23pm
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Sun May 02, 2010 3:55 pm

Good to hear! Thanks for the update :)
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Wed May 05, 2010 10:01 am

Alisha Curtis via Facebook wrote:Sunday
Christofer can now have solid food and enjoyed a roast beef sandwich today. I talked to him and he sounds soooooo much better. He has his normal voice back and he's so clear and we held a 5 min conversation! I told him I met the Patriots Jet Team yesterday and he was real jazzed about that and when I told him they dedi...cated the show to him he was just speechless. I would like to thank the Patriots because they are really amazing people and it was an honor to meet them. Hopefully soon we'll be able to get Christofer online and he can post words of wisdom, hope, struggle, and maybe some sarcastic humor :)

Tuesday
ok so he was moved recently to his own room:
Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Attn: Ward 58 Rm 12 Christofer Curtis
6900 Georgia Ave. NW
Washington D.C. 20307
Awesome news!
Tailhook
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Tailhook » Wed May 05, 2010 3:05 pm

It would be nice to know how he will be in the next 9 days and if he could maybe go somewhere. Cinch and I are heading to Andrews airshow next weekend and it would be great if he could come!

P.S. Get that man a laptop for some wifi! :lol:
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Wed May 05, 2010 3:48 pm

So good to hear!
Grab

Post by Grab » Wed May 05, 2010 5:08 pm

Awesome news! Glad to hear the Patriots dedicated their show as well, class act those guys!
Robert-Fierce

Post by Robert-Fierce » Wed May 05, 2010 7:35 pm

The amount of bravery required to be in the circumstances that Mr. Striker (or as I've seen a lot of "Dumbass"?) found himself in required an incredible amount of sheer will and courage. I salute you Mr. Striker and all those reading this who have, or plan to serve our country. It's extremely relieving to hear the great news. I've been hoping for Striker's safe and stable recovery and the words of those closest to him are like water on fire for all of us. We all hope for your safe recovery and sincerley salute you sir.

Kind regards, I'd love to personally meet you sometime Mr. Striker to thank you for defending this great country.
Bo#4

Post by Bo#4 » Thu May 06, 2010 4:16 pm

I'm pretty close with Striker and his sister Alisha, they have come over to my house and we have spent some fun evenings together. I was able to take Alisha with me to a Patriot airshow last weekend. The Patriot family as we call ourselves really embraced her and they showed just how much they care about him...During the team meeting Striker was talked about and a huge round of applause was given during the meeting. It was a very cool and proud moment to witness. As we both awaited the Patriot performance "Huggy", the back up announcer came over the PA to the crowd and he said that they where dedicating the show to Striker. Alisha and I looked at each other and I could tell she was very moved by it...She is traveling to see Striker today and she is going to see if he is up for a phone call to us within the next day or two. He is doing much better and though his work is still cut out for him on a long road he seems to be feeling much of his regular self.

http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/vid ... 231&ref=mf
Last edited by Bo#4 on Thu May 06, 2010 11:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Thu May 06, 2010 4:50 pm

Good news man, beautiful!
Thumper
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Thumper » Thu May 06, 2010 9:30 pm

Bo, that's the best news I've heard in a long time!!!
Robert-Fierce

Post by Robert-Fierce » Fri May 07, 2010 3:34 pm

Fantastic
Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Ray » Fri May 07, 2010 5:06 pm

Thanks for the update, Bo. That's great to hear 8)
Bo#4

Post by Bo#4 » Fri May 07, 2010 5:53 pm

I talked to Striker today and he sounded good, a little slow and slery but very coherent. He wanted me to THANK ALL OF YOU for praying and support for him through this. And just like Striker, first thing he says to me, "I won't be flying with you guys for a while", LOL. He still has a long road to recovery but it really made my day to talk to him. I didn't talk to him as long as I wanted cause he gets tired and winded a bit after a short time. It sure was the same Striker that I remembered and it was a heart felt conversation...

Again thanks to everyone for all the prayers and his family is going to get a laptop to him with in the next couple weeks or so. I'll try to keep you updated until he's in here posting himself...
Teej
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Teej » Fri May 07, 2010 5:58 pm

Thanks, great to hear.