STRIKER went down last night :(

Aviation & Simulation Topics
c130dcc

Post by c130dcc » Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:28 pm

Striker our thoughts and prayers are with you. Be strong!
C130DCC, U.S. Air Force Retired
Cobra
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Cobra » Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:40 pm

Holy Crap, I have been out of the loop for a couple of days but heard about the crash on Australian radio.

Hang in there Bud!! :cry:
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:18 am

Alisha Curtis via Facebook wrote:OK everybody this is Alisha and Chris's Dad saying thanks for all your prayers and support as the last word from the Lt. Colonel at the 22nd is Chris is in Germany and looking at the reports he will be sent to Walter Reed and should be there by Monday. We are still waiting for confirmation but Suzanne and Chris are pr...epared to meet him in DC when he arrives. We thru Alisha will keep you posted on his condition but if you know Christofer he doesn't like anyone making a fuss over him so please help us help him to recover and respect his privacy. I know you all want to talk to him and he will get in touch as soon as he is able. We will keep everyone posted but thru your prayers he is out of danger and now just needs time to recover. We all know how he likes to make a big entrance!!! Thank you in advance for your understanding and consideration.
PSV_Manu

Post by PSV_Manu » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:57 pm

Our prayers are with you Striker.

On behalf of the Patrouille Suisse Virtuelle.
Joker

Post by Joker » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:44 am

I hope everything turns out well for you Striker! Feel better soon!
Sinister

Post by Sinister » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:30 pm

Thank you everyone for your thoughts and prayers for our brother. I especially want to thank everyone that made it to the prayer session conducted by SilentEagle and also for those that tried but were not able to make it in time...

It will mean a great deal to Striker to know that he was thought of and had so many people pulling for him.

Thank you!
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:24 pm

Alisha Curtis on FB wrote: It's confirmed, Christofer will be transferred to D.C. Right now he is just waiting for transport but hopefully by late tonight he should be at Walter Reed. He is still sedated and so will not awake until he arrives in the states. His injuries are not as bad as previously thought, the pelvis was not crushed; however, s...till will be a long recovery process. My dad is leaving today for D.C. and once he sees Christofer we will have more information as to his state. Love you Christofer hang in there!
Alisha Curtis on FB wrote:Due to a few complications Chris had to go into surgery at his current location in Germany. I'm not sure how extensive or serious the surgery was, but my last update was that he is currently awaiting transport and that seems to be the issue right now. It looks like he won't be in the states until tomorrow. His vitals are still strong and I was told his arm was flinching so that's good news as far as possible spinal injuries.
Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:08 am

Alisha Curtis via Facebook wrote:So the surgery he underwent today was more so a cleanup to tend to all the fieldwork surgery, no new developments that they had to work on. He is scheduled to come in Tuesday. My dad is already there waiting for him, anxious to see and speak with him. Maybe tomorrow I'll have some direct quotes to share with you...
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:27 am

Alisha Curtis via Facebook wrote:Get Well Cards and Words of Encouragement can be sent to:

Walter Reed Army Medical Center
Attn: Rm 4634 Christofer Curtis
6900 Georgia Ave NW
Washington D.C., 20307

We ask that you refrain from sending flowers, there isn't much room in the ICU unit he is currently in.

Christofer is scheduled for arm surgery on Friday and pelvic surgery on Monday. The left side of pelvis is very badly damaged. The femur bone went through the ball and socket joint and so the bones there are scattered and pins are holding them in place. The right side of his pelvis is not as severe and is only cracked....
Convertible
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Convertible » Thu Apr 15, 2010 7:55 pm

Alisha Curtis from FB wrote:They took him off the ventilator this morning and he regained consciousness. He was able to recognize Dad and others who are there with him and was coherent to understand when spoken to. He's in a daze due to all the meds, but we are very lucky that his condition right now is in its worst that it will be as there is no permanent damage. He is one piece, there are no spinal injuries and he is able to recognize and be coherent.
SilverOne

Post by SilverOne » Thu Apr 15, 2010 8:14 pm

I hope he gets well soon. :)
[-]SilverOne[-] [- Best Regards
Rotorblade

Post by Rotorblade » Fri Apr 16, 2010 3:33 pm

Striker was one of the first people that I met in the virtual formation flying community a long time ago. He provided pointers on training and team organization. He's an awesome guy!

Get well soon Chris!!
VGE_Blue

Post by VGE_Blue » Fri Apr 16, 2010 5:39 pm

I've been watching this topic for a while and although I may not have known Striker, I do know he is a fellow aviation enthusiast so I will keep him in my prayers as well.
Racer

Post by Racer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:36 pm

I would also like to wish Chris all the best for a speedy recovery.
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Fri Apr 23, 2010 8:44 pm

A couple more updates from Facebook:
Alisha Curtis wrote:April 19th - They were unable to do the surgery today. They can't seem to find where this infection is coming from so until they get that squared away he won't be going into surgery. He's scheduled for surgery on his arm on Wed and pelvis on Fri, although contingent upon this infection. I will get a more informed update tonight. The General came by today and stated that Christofer has a few metals coming his way and due to his courageous efforts he prevented much more serious injuries for others on board. He also stated that whilst talking with the doctors there's no reason why he shouldn't be back in a helicopter after his recovery, which I'm sure Christofer will be anxious to get to.

Yesterday -I spoke with Christofer last night and he is so much clearer. I told him I loved him and missed him and he said he loved me and missed me too. I told him we'd rematch a checkers game and he laughed. It's so good to hear his voice although it's still hard to pick out what he's saying. Dad said yesterday was the first day Christofer was truly back :) I should have more updates later this afternoon.

Today - Christofer's fever went away last night so they decided to continue with the surgery this morning as planned. He is currently still in surgery (11hours and counting) for his arm, legs, and pelvis. They will be moving him to AICU which is a less intensive ICU unit (good news)... I will have his new room number available as soon as he is moved there.
...no surprise to me that the General said he has medals coming for courageous efforts!