Warthog News

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Warthog News

Post by Lawndart » Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:08 am

With so much A-10 action ahead (DCS: A-10, HOTAS and much more) here's a great site for anyone who's a fan of the Hog.

The Ultimate Modern A-10 Thunderbolt II Reference
Ray
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Ray » Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:23 am

Great site.

Flying the A-10, man that has to be a blast, although it may not be "fun" while you're getting shot at.

It has to be quite a satisfying feeling to roll in on a target and trigger down on some bad guys with that ridiculously effective gatling gun.

I think CAS, especially in the A-10, would be the most rewarding type of combat flying - when you hear the calls of troops in need of help from above, and to know that your fire support may be the only way those guys are getting out of there alive.

Capt. Jennie Schoeck - "It is extremely rewarding to know I had a direct impact on the ground situation in Afghanistan and that based on the decisions and actions my squadron and I made, we helped save the lives of our friendly forces and Allies,"
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Gunner » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:08 am

Ray wrote:Flying the A-10, man that has to be a blast, although it may not be "fun" while you're getting shot at.
But if you're getting shot at, that's the one you want to be in! :wink:

Last year, when Cha Chi took me to Luke on Friday, he told me his time in the Hog was the most fun he's ever had! He flew in the first Gulf War & I'm sure took out more than a few of Saddam's tanks. 8)