Lock On Curve settings

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Air_Wolf

Lock On Curve settings

Post by Air_Wolf » Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:54 am

Hey All,

What are the curve settings for Lock On???

Many thanks,

Air_Wolf[quote][/quote]
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:36 am

MOAS thread in the Tech Talk forum has a few references to this exact question.

In short:
50% Shift
10% DZ
40% Curve

This applies to each axis.
Last edited by Lawndart on Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Air_Wolf

Post by Air_Wolf » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:38 am

Lawndart wrote:MOAS thread in the Tech Talk forum has a few references to this exact question.

In short:
50% Shift
10% DZ
40% Curve

This applies to each axis.
Rgr...Thanks Lawndart
Air_Wolf

Just ordered Thrustmaster Cougar

Post by Air_Wolf » Sun Aug 16, 2009 7:52 am

Hey All,

Just ordered off of eBay my Thrustmaster Cougar, best news is the supplier is in Ontario only minutes from where I live...so I should get it in a few days... can't wait, my Saitek sucks for formation flying, too aggressive in the bank turn to a point that I still do barrel rolls.

But still practicing to handle with a lighter touch...
Gunner
Virtual Thunderbird

Re: Just ordered Thrustmaster Cougar

Post by Gunner » Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:57 am

Air_Wolf wrote:Hey All,

Just ordered off of eBay my Thrustmaster Cougar, best news is the supplier is in Ontario only minutes from where I live...so I should get it in a few days... can't wait, my Saitek sucks for formation flying, too aggressive in the bank turn to a point that I still do barrel rolls.

But still practicing to handle with a lighter touch...
Sweet! Make sure you go to the references in the Mother of all stickies and follow the installation steps very carefully.
Teej
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Teej » Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:10 am

Well, I hope it works well for you...at the very least you'll be able to run the same switchology as the VTBs (and I) are, and that will help.

It's another fun learning curve when you see how powerful the Cougar software is. Goes far, far beyond what I saw with saitek (although I haven't seen saitek's software for a few years now...I had X45s and haven't seen what they've done with the 52s)

Barrel rolls instead of bank turns? That's odd. A barrel roll is essentially what the diamond/delta rolls are - even by the Boss...a roll while holding some G.
Air_Wolf

Post by Air_Wolf » Sun Aug 16, 2009 1:35 pm

Teej wrote:Well, I hope it works well for you...at the very least you'll be able to run the same switchology as the VTBs (and I) are, and that will help.

It's another fun learning curve when you see how powerful the Cougar software is. Goes far, far beyond what I saw with saitek (although I haven't seen saitek's software for a few years now...I had X45s and haven't seen what they've done with the 52s)

Barrel rolls instead of bank turns? That's odd. A barrel roll is essentially what the diamond/delta rolls are - even by the Boss...a roll while holding some G.
Yea, when I make a bank turn it still keeps going over to the point I am upside down..I've now taken the tension off of the stick just so I can learn not to be so heavy handed with the stick..LOL anyways sounds as though I made a good decision..

Saitek software isn't that much different now from when you had the x45 stick..just about the same...
Teej
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Teej » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:29 am

The only "problem" is the power of the Cougar setup brings a pretty steep learning curve with it. Don't feel bad if the first time you go through the process you wonder..."Why, oh why didn't I take the blue pill...?"
Air_Wolf

Post by Air_Wolf » Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:28 am

Teej wrote:The only "problem" is the power of the Cougar setup brings a pretty steep learning curve with it. Don't feel bad if the first time you go through the process you wonder..."Why, oh why didn't I take the blue pill...?"
Rgr, but the learning curve can't be as bad as a bad spring tension on an old (5 years) x52...either way I will be better for it. On x52 there is no way that I could see to do a trim drop like the VTB mention, and it appears on the Cougar it is available to set up.

Anyways tried again on my own flying the Phantom, way too hard to stay anywhere close, too much give...in the slightest move...give a slight tilt to either way I go way out of position.

I will keep plugging away as frustrating as it is, in order to keep the edge...I am around.
Teej
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Teej » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:10 pm

Oh, it's absolutely worth the learning curve. It's just a lot to digest at first.

The only thing I could think of you could've done with the Saitek is use one of the hats mapped to lomac's trim settings...and used a bit of nose down when called for.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:13 pm

Teej wrote:Oh, it's absolutely worth the learning curve. It's just a lot to digest at first.
You just don't know what you don't know yet! ;)
Teej wrote:The only thing I could think of you could've done with the Saitek is use one of the hats mapped to lomac's trim settings...and used a bit of nose down when called for.
Sure enough, but the in-game trim for the F-15 model in LOMAC cannot be perfectly centered/neutral once it's been used (bug), hence one of the reasons we trim using Foxy (for the Cougar) instead.
Air_Wolf

Post by Air_Wolf » Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:00 pm

Lawndart wrote:
Teej wrote:Oh, it's absolutely worth the learning curve. It's just a lot to digest at first.
You just don't know what you don't know yet! ;)
Teej wrote:The only thing I could think of you could've done with the Saitek is use one of the hats mapped to lomac's trim settings...and used a bit of nose down when called for.
Sure enough, but the in-game trim for the F-15 model in LOMAC cannot be perfectly centered/neutral once it's been used (bug), hence one of the reasons we trim using Foxy (for the Cougar) instead.
Just recieved email stating Thrustmaster order has been sent out, so let's hope I get it Friday. Yea, if anything then Monday for sure...

I am itching for it now to do some real flying. :shock: