IRIS Simulations and Triple Six Design Studio F-16D Teaser

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Blaze

IRIS Simulations and Triple Six Design Studio F-16D Teaser

Post by Blaze » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:37 am

Now this looks interesting, and about time we got the "family-model" for FSX! ;)

More info can be found here: Iris Simulations
Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Jul 25, 2009 12:50 am

Looks nice!

These guys actually seem to know their block # a little better at first glance than the Aerosoft F-16 models...

Anyone else know what block this is? ;)
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:19 am

I'm going to say Block-50 because of the IFF blades and landing lights on the nosewheel door, with a F110-GE-129 engine because of the distinct nozzle and enlarged intake. :)
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Sat Jul 25, 2009 1:41 am

In particular the turkey feathers and MCID or "Bigmouth" intake give away that it uses the GE engine. The landing light was moved to the nosegear door with the introdution of the "Night Falcons" (40/42) so that the LANTIRN pod wouldn't block the light from the previous location of the landing light on the left main gear as seen on earlier versions (30/32 and older). The bird cutter IFF antennas on the nose were part of the CCIP (the USAF version of MLU). The CCIP update Block 40/42/50/52 aircraft with common color displays in the cockpit, updated avionics, and the ability to carry more advanced weapons.

With that said (and assuming Iris Simulations cares enough), I'd lean towards a Block 50 as well, simply because the "Night Falcons" were built for a more specific purpose. Otherwise the Block 40 looks almost the same as the Block 50 if you strip the pods. Even the heavier duty landing gear and larger main wheels, and the main gear doors bulges were also applied to the Block 50/52/60/62 Vipers as well as the 40/42.

Ok, enough details. Good looking F-16... How's that! :wink:
Tailhook
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Tailhook » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:34 am

LD, you are an over achiever. :lol: :wink:

Nice F-16! 8)
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:37 pm

These are for you Thumper! ;)

Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:52 pm

Beautiful model!!! :D

...too bad the block # is incorrect for the Thunderbird family wagon. :roll:
Burner

Post by Burner » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:06 pm

What's wrong about it? Gun port? It has got the bird cutters. Been a while since I poored over the differences- enlighten me. :)
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:21 pm

Burner wrote:What's wrong about it? Gun port? It has got the bird cutters. Been a while since I poored over the differences- enlighten me. :)
Block-50 instead of 52. GE engine instead of PW, with large-mouth intake, and a few other differences noted by LD a few posts above. ;)
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:05 am

Burner wrote:What's wrong about it? Gun port? It has got the bird cutters. Been a while since I poored over the differences- enlighten me. :)
It's absolutely spot on... for a Block 50 (!), which is why it makes it even more of a glaring error having the Thunderbird jet as a picture perfect Block 50! I know it's the perfectionist in me, but when someone makes a model that's so accurate and with obvious attention to detail, you'd think they'd notice that the Thunderbirds aren't using any General Electric powered F-16s... :roll: :wink:
Thumper

Post by Thumper » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:16 pm

Blaze wrote:These are for you Thumper! ;)
Thanks Blaze!! I'll take it, even though it's a Block 50! ;)
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:20 pm

Thumper wrote:
Blaze wrote:These are for you Thumper! ;)
Thanks Blaze!! I'll take it, even though it's a Block 50! ;)
Hehe, funny thing actually, I'm going to try and put it in LOMAC, if the poly count is workable. :wink:
Tailhook

Post by Tailhook » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:31 pm

Blaze wrote:Hehe, funny thing actually, I'm going to try and put it in LOMAC, if the poly count is workable. :wink:
You do know what you just said can make you accountable for attempt of tampering and editting of copyrighted payware material created by not 1 but 2 organizations, right? :roll:
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:15 pm

Tailhook wrote:
Blaze wrote:Hehe, funny thing actually, I'm going to try and put it in LOMAC, if the poly count is workable. :wink:
You do know what you just said can make you accountable for attempt of tampering and editting of copyrighted payware material created by not 1 but 2 organizations, right? :roll:
Hmm yea I never said I was going to release and/or distribute it as my own work, or at all for that matter... :roll:
Luse

Post by Luse » Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:39 pm

And if my memory serves me right, seeing as how Blaze is not going to distribute it to the public, and use it for his own private usage, then I don't believe he is in any way going to upset or offend any of the aforementioned companies.

And it's not like he's not releasing it or distributing it or calling it his own like other people do with models they get off the internet and want to release to the Lock On Community. :roll:

My Two Cents.

-Luse