LockOn problem uninstalling mods

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Deanjr

LockOn problem uninstalling mods

Post by Deanjr » Sun May 24, 2009 4:17 pm

Hey guys, I was wandering if some of you guys can help me out. I had the VTB mod installed and then when I went to uninstall it and started up LockOn it had a white screen, but I could still see mission editor and fly button. When I clicked fly it did not do anything. Now if i had the VBA or the VTB mod installed the mods would work fine, but the default aircraft such as the Su's and the other aircraft will not work. I installed a pack of aircraft that had F-16 mod and skins and it did the same thing except it had a menu, but the fly button would not work. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Dean
Sweeper

Post by Sweeper » Mon May 25, 2009 3:04 am

How did you install the mods?

If you do it with Modman/Loman no problem should be there, even with un-installing.

When you do it manually, make sure you have a backup of every file you want to replace with the one from the mod.

I think you removed the textures for the loading screens etc. (and maybe more files).

I would un-install Lockon, re-install it, and than install the mod with Modman/Loman.
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Mon May 25, 2009 3:26 am

What's happening is Modman isn't replacing original game files that mods you install overwrite. Happens to me so I have a folder with all the original default configs and luas and stuff just in case. So you most likely don't have your original game screens, and the game not loading or doing anything when you hit fly means you don't have your original meinit file in the ME folder (which is the heart of the game & without it it doesn't do squat). ;)
Deanjr

Post by Deanjr » Mon May 25, 2009 9:17 am

Ok thanks for your help guys. I really appreciate it.