LOMAC/FC & the VTB F16

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Turkanator

LOMAC/FC & the VTB F16

Post by Turkanator » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:34 pm

I just got my copy of LOMAC & LOFC, I think I have everything installed correctly, but I can’t seem to find the VTB F16 Falcon. How do I know if it’s installed?
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Thu Apr 23, 2009 9:45 pm

I'm assuming you've completed the steps in How to Install LockOn. If so, continue to the FAQ part in the guide and install the mod with ModMan. Once the mod is installed, the most obvious sign will be that all the load screens and menu backgrounds have Thunderbird jets. Good luck!
Turkanator

Post by Turkanator » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:46 pm

Yes I've completed the steps in How to Install LockOn, but I’m getting 2 “warnings” within ModMan (version 7.1.1.0)

1) Hot Files detected

It’s not recommended at all to override these hot files listed below,
Some mods may stop working after.
C:\program files\ubisoft\eagle dynamics\lock on\me\meinit.xml

Please confirm, do you want to install this mod package anyways?

Virtual Thunderbirds Mod _2.6.zip (YES) (NO)

I picked yes.

Then I get the warning/message below:

2) As I understand if the install is complete I would get a green status bar, but I’m getting the yellow status (or a partially installed or shared files or folder not removed).
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:42 am

The first warning message is "normal", we all get it. It has to do with the meinit.xml file and ModMan flagging it. It's only a warning message produced by ModMan, so don't worry about that.

To answer your other question regarding a green or yellow status bar, it depends. It should definitely be green if you have no other mods installed with ModMan, however, it could also be yellow if other mods use the same file(s) in some way. Yellow doesn't necessarily have to be a bad thing, but it depends on what combination of mods you're trying to mix together. I'd recommend installing nothing but the VTB mod and see what the results are, but even after that the real proof is starting up the game and making sure the load screens and F-15 look like Thunderbirds. Lastly, remember to choose to fly the F-15, because the F-16 exterior model still uses the F-15.

On the off chance that you're running Vista, be absolutely sure that you are running every program as administrator. See this post for more details on Vista + Lock On.

Hope that helps! :wink: