Two members pulled from Blue Angels

Aviation & Simulation Topics
TomcatFan

Two members pulled from Blue Angels

Post by TomcatFan » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:35 pm

Did not say any names.

http://www.navytimes.com/news/2008/10/n ... ls_103008/

If link does not work you can find the info on www.airshowbuzz.com under the Blue Angels forum.

MOD: Fixed link.
Tailhook
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Tailhook » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:42 pm

Not good. :roll:
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:13 am

"Love Is In the Air" :mrgreen:
Metro

Post by Metro » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:41 pm

A little tactful discretion would be in order. Items like this is never any good for anything or anyone on the team. I am sure the Blues will have the info available when they feel that it will be appropriate. I was in the middle of the investigation during Tailhook and it was not a fun thing and I was not even there in Vegas. The information will eventually be disseminated and the truth will be released as I suspect that the indecent will come forth.

Until then, go out and support the team and root them on in their remaining shows and observe the beauty of their performance. They will get all the other stuff worked out and be back to "Ops normal". Just a small glitch in an outstanding group of individuals that want to perform for you and the rest of the world that they still have total cohesiveness and still are a "TEAM".

Support them and root for them. "Go Blue Angels"!
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:55 pm

Metro wrote:Until then, go out and support the team and root them on in their remaining shows and observe the beauty of their performance. They will get all the other stuff worked out and be back to "Ops normal". Just a small glitch in an outstanding group of individuals that want to perform for you and the rest of the world that they still have total cohesiveness and still are a "TEAM".

Support them and root for them. "Go Blue Angels"!
Amen......
Phantoms Phorever!
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Tue Nov 04, 2008 9:23 pm

I'll be supporting the team on Sunday at Kennedy Space Center! 8)
Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.
Luse

Post by Luse » Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:40 pm

Delta should be interesting, it's a loss for sure :?
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Tue Nov 04, 2008 11:31 pm

Yea, seeing that picture of #4 departing with his number stripped was sad. :?
Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Lawndart » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:46 am

VPJT_Buster wrote:Yea, seeing that picture of #4 departing with his number stripped was sad. :?

Saw that photo too, and although it symbolizes the story his name was still on the fuselage underneath the canopy.
Luse wrote:Delta should be interesting...
Unlike the Tbirds when the Blues are short one man, they do not fly a lop-sided Diamond and join up to Stinger. I know that in this case, with Slot being missing that scenario wouldn't play out, but regardless of which pilot in the Diamond is missing they always fly a small and large "V" (wedge formation) on the Blue Angels (and Slot has to fill in for whomever is missing).
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:57 am

I don't get it though, what is the big point here. Is it that bad that a PILOT from the team must be removed and the BA must fly shows with only 5 jets because of this?

Come on...
Luse

Post by Luse » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:11 am

I believe it all comes down to Rules and Regulations.
Frazer

Post by Frazer » Wed Nov 05, 2008 9:42 am

Well, of course the pilot in question is an idiot, he should have known about the regulations which he probably did. But damn, how many people would love to be in his place and he screws up because of, most likely, a love affair... :roll:
Beaker

Post by Beaker » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Perhaps it would be best to leave this conversation dead in the water before it starts looking like Fencecheck? :(
Metro

Post by Metro » Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:22 pm

I agree Beaker,

This repost from the VTB site:

All members of the U.S. Navy and Marine Corp are required to follow the UCMJ. No swaying from that. All of us members must adhere to it strictly or we as military members must deal with the consequences. As for the Blues, they are held to a higher standard becuse of their ambassadorship and represention of the men and women in blue and gold throughout the Navy and Marine Corp. If the person(s) were at fault for what he or she did, then they will have to stand up and accept the charges as well as all those they serve along with and would be charged in the same manner. And believe me. It has happend to many people during my Naval career. It is sad that it is so public in nature because it is the Blue Angels. They will move on and will continue the traditions that they have so galantly performed in all the years they have been flying. Next year they will come out "kicking butt" as always and we will see a great team as we have been witnessing all the past years. So don't fret of mull over what has happend, just look to the future. There will always be great teams and shows to come. And I am sure that the VTB's will be there too to show how it's done.
I think it is time to let the Blue Angels recover and heal and let them get this behind them so they can press and concentrate on next year so we all will be able to talk about great shows instead of "soap" issues.

Just my thoughts,
Metro