FlyFS vGathering of Mustangs Airshow - Oct 18

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Tomcatboy48237

FlyFS vGathering of Mustangs Airshow - Oct 18

Post by Tomcatboy48237 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:36 am

Here is the info on our first show of the 'season'!

We will have the show on the weekend of October 18 at Rickenbacker Int'l (KLCK). The show will of course be held on our server - FlyFS.hopto.org Music, narration, and voice comms will be on the Teamspeak server (same IP) for those who wish to use it.

Each person who wishes to fly can pick ONE solo act per person, and unlimited group acts. Although there are no restrictions, please try to get Mustangs in the air a lot. I will keep track of the scheduled acts on the list below. To sign up to fly, just post in this thread announcing which act(s). Any aircraft you plan to fly must be freeware. Please don't duplicate an act that is already taken.

Current list of acts
National Anthem and Mustang Formation Flyby (Aaron B, three spots open)
Mustang Solo (MOD)
C-17 (Ricky)
Red Bull MiG-15 (Slick)
X-Team (MOD and Ricky)
Pitts (Buckeye)
Blue Angel Solo Demo (Orbit)
Mustang Formation Aerobatics (Pending)
Mirage 2000 (AlexanderDZ)
USAF F-16 Viper Demo (Bear)
USAF A-10 Warthog Demo (Rhino)
USAF F-15C Eagle Demo(Ryan)
USAF Heritage Flight (Slick, Rhino, Ryan, Bear)
SR-71 (Ticava)
P-51 and Zero Dogfight (MOD and Ricky)
The Skyraiders (Slick, Rhino, Ryan, Bear)
Warbirds (Ryan and Bear - P-47s, Copperbelt Jack - B-17, MOD - B-24, Slick - A-26, Bogey - Corsair, Buckeye - P-40, Ricky - P-38, RedGreen - F-7F, SaltAir - F-7F, open to everyone)
Mass Mustang Formation (open to everyone)

The warbirds and the mass formation are open to everyone. If you intend to fly in the warbirds, just make a note of which type you will be flying (WWII era warbirds only). We will fly a racetrack pattern all together. If you want in on the mass formation, just stick around until the end of the show.

I will assemble an aircraft pack containing all of the planes you will need to fly in and watch the show, so everyone who is flying needs to send me the files for that (freeware) aircraft. The deadline for sending in your aircraft is Monday, October 13th. If I do not have your aircraft by then, you won't get to fly in anything but the group acts. I will post the link to download this pack soon after the deadline, about a week before the show.

To watch the show, just sit on the ground in the PA Dude (included in the pack) with the engine off. To follow the action just pan the view around. Everyone must stay on the ground in the PA Dude during the show unless it is your time to perform.

While most of us use FS2004, the show is for BOTH FSX and FS2004. We use a program called FSHost to run the server, which means either version can connect to it. If you are going to connect with FSX, you'll need to download FSHostClient (free) at the link below. Once you run the program, you connect to our server (the IP is FlyFS.hopto.org) and then start a free flight in FSX (don't use the FSX multiplayer feature - the program will do that all itself). Then it is like regular multiplayer for FS2004 (you can't see smoke, ride with other people, or voice chat through FS). Please be aware though, that formation is almost impossible for those connecting through FSX. If you are only able to use FSX, I suggest you fly a solo act. If you don't believe me, try it yourself! The server is always open for practice.

FSHostClient link - http://www.chocolatesoftware.com/fshost ... lient.html

Ryan
Last edited by Tomcatboy48237 on Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Tomcatboy48237

Post by Tomcatboy48237 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:54 pm

Here is a map of the layout if anyone wants to practice:

Ryan