Problems with installation...

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Talon

Post by Talon » Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:02 am

Correct LD, I missed a "1" in that last post. I just wanted takeone to realize he only needed 1.12b patch and not the previous patches... hoping that maybe something in his method of installation is causing his problems.

takeone, don't give up as it is probably something silly that is causing the issue. Vista has just made things a tad bit more tricky when installing LockOn, Flaming Cliffs and Modman.

I wish you good luck.
takeone

Post by takeone » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:51 am

Thanks Talon and everyone...

I'm stumped. Done this by the "numbers" several times.

I did not think of downloading the lastest modman. The one I have is only two months old or so.

So I'll go look and see if there is another version. I did download the XP version when I initially downloaded modman. Maybe that's it. There might be a Vista version? :roll:

I'll keep trying and thanks again to everyone trying to help me. This is truly amazing and I havent' even plugged in my Cougar flight stick yet!!! Oh boy, I can only imagine what issues that will cause! :)

Hopefully some good news soon.
takeone

Post by takeone » Sun Jan 04, 2009 11:24 am

Okay, I think I'm almost there.

Finally had some time over the holidays to "play" with this @#$!@#$ Vista machine and try re-installing LOMAC and Modman and the VTB skins.

All seems well EXCEPT...

When I run Modman (ver. 7.0.0.1) it states that Flaming Cliffs is installed in C:\Program Files\ and will not work properly. Reinstall in a different directory.

Well, when I try to re-install FC and change the directory, NO DICE. The BROWSE window is grayed out.

Ideas?!

THANKS!
Panther
Virtual Thunderbird

Post by Panther » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:42 pm

I just went through an install on a Vista machine with all LC and its accessories.

Have you right-clicked on the icon and ran as administrator on every application (to include Modman) that you are trying to run?

I had problems when starting Modman without right-clicking and running as administrator.
takeone

Post by takeone » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:12 pm

Yes, every program installed was run in "administrator mode" and also "XP compatability".

:)
Razor34

Post by Razor34 » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:15 pm

I got a bad serial too... but I just bought the add on. I didn't buy from lockon.ru, but off of Amazon.
Razor-71

Post by Razor-71 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 9:58 am

Argh!
I've installed today Lock On on Windows Vista Home Premium , Ok when I run the basic LO!
But after installing FC and 1.12b patch, it won't run!
Windows says that Runtime has stopped LockOn...
How can I run LO:FC under this damned Windows Vista? Thanks... T__T
Rhino

Post by Rhino » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:18 pm

Razor-71 wrote:Argh!
I've installed today Lock On on Windows Vista Home Premium , Ok when I run the basic LO!
But after installing FC and 1.12b patch, it won't run!
Windows says that Runtime has stopped LockOn...
How can I run LO:FC under this damned Windows Vista? Thanks... T__T
Make sure you run it with the "run as administrator" function clicked and run it XP2 compatibility mode.
Phantoms Phorever!
Razor-71

Post by Razor-71 » Mon Mar 16, 2009 1:34 pm

Yes I run it under XP SP2 compatibility mode and as Admin, but it won't load!
I have now uninstalled LO:FC from my notebook running Vista, and reinstalled it on my desktop PC (Windows XP SP3), that is gonna to be expanded (4Gb RAM and a new graphic card!).

Windows Vista has too many issues with several products (both hardware and software) and I hope that Microsoft will give Vista users the new Windows 7 for free to replace a very bad OS like Vista!