The NASA Missions: When We Left Earth on DCS

Aviation & Simulation Topics
Lawndart
Virtual Thunderbird

The NASA Missions: When We Left Earth on DCS

Post by Lawndart » Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:20 am

"Fifty years in the making"...

Discovery HD is showing a wonderful series in June called When We Left Earth (Sorry for the late heads up, but definitely worth watching). Can also be bought on DVD from the Discovery Channel store, but keep a lookout for re-runs. There's at least one more weekend in June next Sunday, covering the inaugural flight of the Space Shuttle and an episode on the ISS coming up. I just watched the Apollo missions tonight with some awesome footage, actual restored video and radio transmissions all part of it. Real nice soundtrack composed for this series as well.

Visit the Discovery Channel - When We Left Earth page for more info.

Here's the trailer on YouTube:

Some short previews to work up an apetite! (Now, imagine this in HD instead of on YouTube). 8)

Ordinary supermen; Millions watch John Glenn's flawless launch, but a grave malfunction arises after friendship 7's second orbit:

Landing The Eagle; Flight controllers & the Apollo 11 crew remember the tension-filled moments just before the first lunar landing:

The Explorers; Mankind's greatest adventure faces its greatest challenge when disaster strikes apollo 13:

The Shuttle; NASA leaps ahead to the next phase of space exploration with the maiden voyage of Columbia in 1981:

Velo

Post by Velo » Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:47 am

It's is a great show, especially in HD, makes it much better. I have watched the first two episodes, and its definitely worth watching the rest.
Blaze

Post by Blaze » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:38 pm

I bought the whole series, I'm in love with the space program. :lol: Always have been ever since I saw Apollo 13 in theaters. :wink:
Design is all about finding solutions within constraints.