Padlock Problem

Aviation & Simulation Topics
franc01sss

Padlock Problem

Post by franc01sss » Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:22 pm

We created a mod. But unfortunatly when we use padlock, the cross is placed 2 feet in front of the pilot's head. Does anyone know how to fix this problem?
Tailhook
Virtual Thunderbird Alumnus

Post by Tailhook » Sat Feb 23, 2008 6:00 pm

Thats caused by the padlock looking at the other aircrafts cockpit location. You get that with the F-5 modded over the F-15, I know that is one for example. Sadly I don't think there is a way to fix it and the only way you could is change the view position of the F-15 cockpit, back, and it might do something. I dont know, you can try it though.
Burner

Post by Burner » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:46 am

It is possible to adjust the pilot's head positon. Its been a while but I'm pretty sure its in the Server.lua file found in the Config/View folder.

The entry to modify is "CockpitLocalPoint[PlaneIndex.iF_15] = {4.2, 1.218, 0.0}"
Stryker

Post by Stryker » Sun Feb 24, 2008 7:59 pm

Burner wrote: The entry to modify is "CockpitLocalPoint[PlaneIndex.iF_15] = {4.2, 1.218, 0.0}"
I'm no modman but wouldn't that be the file IF you're using the F-15 flight model and not say the A10? That's probably the model they're using but I thought it would be a good idea to confirm.
franc01sss

Post by franc01sss » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:28 am

what i also mean there is : To be in the right spot in formation, i have to be more forward than i should be. Like if the skin was made not in the right dimension or something. when i start a server in multiplayer and everyone lined up in the parking area, all the plane are 2-3 feet behind me. I'm sure that the pilot camera view is located in front of the cockpit in the game. is it possible to fix it out quickly or we have to re-create a new skin

I forgot to specify that i'm using a f-16 skin over the f15 model.

maybe i can get a better answer this way

thanks
Burner

Post by Burner » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:38 am

franc01sss wrote:what i also mean there is : To be in the right spot in formation, i have to be more forward than i should be. Like if the skin was made not in the right dimension or something. when i start a server in multiplayer and everyone lined up in the parking area, all the plane are 2-3 feet behind me. I'm sure that the pilot camera view is located in front of the cockpit in the game. is it possible to fix it out quickly or we have to re-create a new skin

I forgot to specify that i'm using a f-16 skin over the f15 model.

maybe i can get a better answer this way

thanks
Have you tried my suggestion b/f posting. I remember dealing with this problem when developing the VTB mod and know exactly what you're describing.
franc01sss

Post by franc01sss » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:53 pm

Problem fixed. thanks burner for the precise explanation.

i now got another request, in your mod, you can look all the way behind your head. i tryed to change some value on the view.lua but unfortunatly, i did not changed the correct thing.

can you help me with this too?